95' Junker Drag Truck

That thing is movin man! Friend of mine there in Vegas watched you run one day, I think it was during the time you had the GT4294 on there. He calls me and says "I'm here at this drag race, there's this P.O.S. Cummins running high 12's man you gotta come see it!" LOL

I have to admit, it's funny sometimes how a POS that's fast attracts just as much attention as a nice vehicle that's slow.

One more video to add, it's from my 3rd qualifying pass, my cameraman was not really experienced so it's kind of shaky.

On this pass I left with a little boost and came up with a 1.90 60' time, the best this truck has ever hooked. At this point in the event, all of my available horsepower was not making it to the track as the MPH was starting to drop off, at 110.0 MPH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbIav4MOlg

I have to admit, it's funny sometimes how a POS that's fast attracts just as much attention as a nice vehicle that's slow.

I was chillin over by your truck with a bunch of guys (one of them was that dude with the camo cummins C tatoo LOL!) waiting for you to come back and i bet 20 people came by gawking at it. and the group that had gathered was a good 10 to 12 people. Definatley gets attention! :rockwoot:

We need to have someone donate you a grille for that thingLOL

Yeah, when Jason Sands came by from Diesel Power Magazine, he had this shocked look on his face about how ugly the truck is up close in person.

I was pushing him to take a few pictures but there isn't a straight panel on the truck.

About the only picture I have seen that "might" be magazine worthy is this one:

http://dragsterpix.smugmug.com/Other/NHRDA3-12-11/16196510_ZzfaH#1216496848_hjLWa-X2-LB

Maybe someone with a nice paint and body shop could use my truck for an advertisement/project vehicle. Imagine how good those burnout pictures would look if a custom painted beautiful truck emerged from the cloud of white smoke!

Last edited:

It didn't seem to be that way for us. Our short box was mulitcolored running stock wheels on the front and DOT slicks on the back and no one seemed to give it a second look. So $100 rustoleum paint job and a set of 20s and now it gets looks everywhere it goes. We also seem to get more interest at the track even though we haven't been able to get it to run the times we know it is capable of running. Hopefully that will change this year.

Good job on the build. You are putting money where it matters and not on the look of the truck.

Yeah, when Jason Sands came by from Diesel Power Magazine, he had this shocked look on his face about how ugly the truck is up close in person.

I was pushing him to take a few pictures but there isn't a straight panel on the truck.

About the only picture I have seen that "might" be magazine worthy is this one:

http://dragsterpix.smugmug.com/Other/NHRDA3-12-11/16196510_ZzfaH#1216496848_hjLWa-X2-LB

Maybe someone with a nice paint and body shop could use my truck for an advertisement/project vehicle. Imagine how good those burnout pictures would look if a custom painted beautiful truck emerged from the cloud of white smoke!

That is a GOOD picture Will!
So as not to take away from the budget beater theme I think a grille shell with the honeycomb removed and some black bumper plastics would do wonders for the looks. Junkyard special my man, plenty of dead 1500's just waiting to have their trim pieces removed and reused. And some roll on rustoleum paint don't sound half bad. Try your hand at body work, you seem to be pretty good at the other stuff.

Either way, great job with that you have done! I'm sure the twins success is owed to the super custom hot pipeLOL:hehe:

That is a GOOD picture Will!
So as not to take away from the budget beater theme I think a grille shell with the honeycomb removed and some black bumper plastics would do wonders for the looks. Junkyard special my man, plenty of dead 1500's just waiting to have their trim pieces removed and reused. And some roll on rustoleum paint don't sound half bad. Try your hand at body work, you seem to be pretty good at the other stuff.

Either way, great job with that you have done! I'm sure the twins success is owed to the super custom hot pipeLOL:hehe:

That dang hotpipe is leaking just a little right at the new HE351 flange. Just enough to make a 6" soot track on the hood.

The hotpipe works great by the way, thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Street legal drag racing is open this Friday night at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Thinking about running it on the stock 30.5" tall 245/75/16 street tires to see if i can pick up more MPH.

What do you think, will it be a disaster trying to hook up with street tires? On the highway it will spin the street tires up to about 65 MPH depending on road surface concrete vs. asphalt.

I also thought about "borrowing" the half worn 285's off my daily driver to see if I can get a some traction and with the 32.8" tall tire, it should pull hard through the finish line.

Anyone have any thoughts? Not trying to cut good 60' times, trying to run more MPH to get a feel for how much horsepower this setup is making.

Last edited:
Street legal drag racing is open this Friday night at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Thinking about running it on the stock 30.5" tall 245/75/16 street tires to see if i can pick up more MPH.

What do you think, will it be a disaster trying to hook up with street tires? On the highway it will spin the street tires up to about 65 MPH depending on road surface concrete vs. asphalt.

I also thought about "borrowing" the half worn 285's off my daily driver to see if I can get a some traction and with the 32.8" tall tire, it should pull hard through the finish line.

Anyone have any thoughts? Not trying to cut good 60' times, trying to run more MPH to get a feel for how much horsepower this setup is making.

Get something wide if possible, I like the 285 idea personally.

I'm gonna find you a grille, its my new missionLOL

Get something wide if possible, I like the 285 idea personally.

I'm gonna find you a grille, its my new missionLOL
That defeats the point of the whole JUNKER idea. I honestly love the look of that thing hauling some trash down the strip.

Plus more airflow!!! LOL

I personally would go with the half worn 285's to see if they bite well. Brand new Radials seem to be a little too stiff to get the same results as the worn ones... Get out to the Track early, air down the tires to 35 psi, do a small burnout in the water box, Break Traction on the first run. On the Second run, splash in the water box and start spinning on the VHT. Do a Semi-Boosted Launch while pedaling it until you get real momentum.

I think that's a suicide mission. LT tires are too hard a compound to give you any traction. Non LT tires may be better, but I don't think the 2WD will hook at all with them either. Too much weight and power. :badidea:

I personally would go with the half worn 285's to see if they bite well. Brand new Radials seem to be a little too stiff to get the same results as the worn ones... Get out to the Track early, air down the tires to 35 psi, do a small burnout in the water box, Break Traction on the first run. On the Second run, splash in the water box and start spinning on the VHT. Do a Semi-Boosted Launch while pedaling it until you get real momentum.

So that's how you cut those 1.9 to 2.0 60' times with street tires on your 03'!!!!

Back