01.5 P-Pump Conversion Pics

bnold

Cummins. What else?
Well with all the questions I asked to get this done, I cant believe I didn't post these up here a long time ago...

She is running great.. Have 10,000ish miles on the conversion so far... Only really have one issue that I haven't worked out yet... trying to accelerate low in 3rd or 4th gear will make the truck surge and bounce... just have to make sure I keep the revs up some... With the VP I could let 3rd go all the way to 800 and chug around smooth and then accel from there with no problem... My first dyno with it was 580hp fuel only.. guaranteed more in her with some tweaking and bringing the timing up some (pretty conservative right now!)

Other than that minor little issue she runs amazing.. power is always there, smoke is very controllable, drivability is just great.. NO REGRETS!! Bye Bye VP

Custom 7x14 injectors
Half cut DVs
.084 lines and connector tubes and Holders to match
Pump balanced and calibrated.. fuels a good bit more than stock fuel
4k GSK kit
Cam sensor relocate for the tach
Relocated ECM
and more crap!

No order on the pics.. Just whatever way they loaded in photobucket! bear with me...

12V front cover on and painted... You may notice my new color scheme[laugh]... The cam sensor relocate was already installed..
12Vcoveron.jpg

Installing the 4K GSK kit...
4KGSK.jpg

Pump all pretty and painted... Had a shop in Lewisville do a balance and calibrate for me
IsntShePurdy.jpg

Lots of nice room in there without the front end!!
ILikethisroom.jpg

Pump in and mounted with the cleaned up and painted front cover on... New front seal of course..
FrontCoverOn.jpg

Fan making things look ugly
FanCoversUptheBeauty1.jpg

Brought out the big guns to torque that nut for me...
HadtoBringouttheBIGGUNS.jpg

We will talk about those dang lines later... [tapdshut] Nice painted intake...
LinesandIntakePlate.jpg

Relocated ECM... Not too bad.. worked well actually
ECMRelocate.jpg

Need a new linkage rod... This one is rigged... :(
NeednewLinkages.jpg

Ghetto TDC finder and timing holder installed in #1 DV
TimingandTDCRig.jpg

Coming Back Together...
ComingBackTogether.jpg

Have more pics and some vid clips I may get on later in the week... Been selling stuff off of that old 12V and parts from my truck... So far I am out about $700-$1000 for the whole shebang... Have lots of parts left to sell as well... Hmmm lightly used VP44 [laugh]

Update: after selling all my extra parts, this conversion cost me less than $0!!! Awesome!!

Looks great!! You liked adjusting the lines also :hehe: It's like putting a Chinese puzzle together. You get one right and now two other are messed up, you get those two right and now another is hitting.....what a pita!

Looks great!! You liked adjusting the lines also :hehe: It's like putting a Chinese puzzle together. You get one right and now two other are messed up, you get those two right and now another is hitting.....what a pita!

Are their any lines that fit good, without adjustment?

How many return springs are you running on your pump linkage? I only run 1 on mine, cause I like a soft pedal. Now that I put in these bigger DDP sticks, its real easy to get the truck jerking in 3rd gear in the low rpms. Either get stronger ankle muscles, or add some springs to the linkage so it isn't as easy to bounce on.

Brian.. Looks good, I like those lines.. they looked good... Blue?? haha..
Bryan

What did you end up doing with that Numer 1 fuel line? It was right over the intake hole.

Are you saying the pre-01's are hooked up manually?

i was told that they were ran off vaccuum pressure or something like that. so you didnt have to do anything special to keep your cruise control?

01 and 02 and some late 00 are ECM/PCM controlled. Pre 01 have a VAC cylinder .

I'd be interested to hear how you got your cruise working if you don't mind sharing Warpig.

I used the cam sensor relocation bracket sold by Haisley, and a 12v TPS instead of the 24v APPS. I've never been a fan of cruise control so I never tried it. On the way back from TS my buddy Jim (sig73 on here) was driving and decided to try it. It worked like it did when it was a vp truck. I didn't do anything different with my p-pump conversion than what was discussed in these threads. Due to the lack of electronic fueling, I would assume it's PCM controlled........I dunno?????? My truck will be in PA on July 18th at numidia for anyone to check out. J-Rod, you are welcome to take it for a ride, seeing you are local.

on the cruise done a 12v swap on my early 01 just have to installl a 12v tps and wire it up easy to do three wires works like a charm.

Back