01 Stack?

chrisc

ive got an 01 H.O. 6-speed strait piped. it had an older superchips downloader on it when i bought it and i stacked a drag comp on it. it smokes like a train and lugs up to 2000 rpms then the edge kicks in. Ive heard that the smarty is the best one for low end and was thinking of replacing the old superchips with a smarty if it would help. i use my truck to haul so i dont wanna go too crazy. any thoughts?

Don't bother wasting your money, the Smarty will pour a ton of fuel down low, but thats about it. And all that will do is make the turbo slower to spool and run hotter.

Don't bother wasting your money, the Smarty will pour a ton of fuel down low, but thats about it. And all that will do is make the turbo slower to spool and run hotter.

X2

I ran the Smarty/TST combo for awhile on an HOVP truck. The Smarty definitely makes it more interesting to drive, but for the money and marginal hp gain, I would just stick with the comp/drag comp. The Smarty on a 2nd gen is nothing like a Smarty on a 3rd gen unfortunately.

its been dyno proven it dont add hp, that seat of your pants feel it the toque mangement it takes off

Get a adr with a pulse and be done with it, thats all you need

i appreciate the info. is the adrenaline that much better than the drag comp/ w the hot unlock?

i appreciate the info. is the adrenaline that much better than the drag comp/ w the hot unlock?

A lot of guys like the quad, and a lot of guys like the edge comp.

There seem to be more stories of the adrenaline not functioning properly than the edge stuff as far as I have read. I do not run either one, so take it for what its worth.

ive got an 01 H.O. 6-speed strait piped. it had an older superchips downloader on it when i bought it and i stacked a drag comp on it. it smokes like a train and lugs up to 2000 rpms then the edge kicks in. Ive heard that the smarty is the best one for low end and was thinking of replacing the old superchips with a smarty if it would help. i use my truck to haul so i dont wanna go too crazy. any thoughts?

Take the superchips off and call it a day. The edge does everything the superchips does and more so the only thing your getting from the stack is a timing bump which is more likely to hurt you hauling heavy loads. The smarty could replace the superchips and you can turn the additional timing off with the smarty, but this would be for tunability/ drivability only because it isn't going to make any more power.

Look for injectors. HO truck's stock injectors are small.

IMO yes, but not really worth the money to switch since you already have the Comp. Just get the hot unlock, pull the Superchip off, and be done with it.

hey i really appreciate the info, i couls tell a difference when the superchips wasnt on there, it didnt run as good as it does with it on there, but i can see whaere they both together could add too much timing.

how long was you driveing it running both, it would be nice to know just how much timing the super chips bumped it up over stock then adding a edge comp to it,

you could tell a difference with just it on there., i put the drag comp on and put it on 5x5, but i just turn it on when i want a big boost of power or to blow smoke and then usually turn it back off. I dont run them both for a long time.

ive had the superchip and comp stacked for around 3 years..no problems at all..but i dont drive it like i stole it,well most of the time...but when i pull a load i only use the superchip, which is always on its highest tune, i think thats only like 60-70hp rated though,with everything in my sig. my egts, wether towing 6k or 20k, never go past 12,000, pedal to the floor on hills. unless its like 95+ degrees outside...i took the superchip off mine, and downloaded it into an 01-02 H.O., set it on the hight setting, and drove it, wow... that truck didn't have much, so i think since you have an HO i would just run the comp if you just want some extra towing power.i heard the smarty will give you 70 hp on the low end and take away 70 hp on the top end

tst comp box is great. i have both the tst and smarty on my truck and pretty much all the smarty does is dump fuel but doesnt help much with power. i hit 510 on the dyno with just my tst on and 522 with both the tst and smarty on. i havent had a chance to mess with different numbers on both boxes they were both wide open when i had it on the rollers and that couldve hurt my numbers

tst comp box is great. i have both the tst and smarty on my truck and pretty much all the smarty does is dump fuel but doesnt help much with power. i hit 510 on the dyno with just my tst on and 522 with both the tst and smarty on. i havent had a chance to mess with different numbers on both boxes they were both wide open when i had it on the rollers and that couldve hurt my numbers

It did. You've got to turn the TST comp down for max power. My best run was at setting 4 out of 9. The timing from the smarty added 12 hp on your second run.

I had a smarty stacked with drag comp and with comp on 5x5 and smarty on level 8 I didn't gain anything but smoke. It also droppes off quicker over 105 mph

Back