'01 Troubles

Bobus

Powerstroked
So i finally got the engine to slip into the chassis of the '01 GMC i'm workin on.. The trucks an Auto, the torque converter lined up on the tranny shaft and it all went together, the Motor mounts lined up and it set down right, but i have a Consisant 3/4" gap all the way around the Tranny bellhousing.. Whay didn't it snug up? Am i missing something? I wouldn't have figured it woulda set on the motor mounts if the Converter wasn't seated completly in the tranny...Any suggestions... Thanks

torque converter isnt in all the way.

it should be recessed a little over an inch "in" from the front of the bellhousing.

Thanks for the Reply, Ended up pullin the motor again and doin some adjusting.. Got the Torque converter to slide in properly... Engine back in everything hooked back up.. Now i just cant get the truck to charge. It has a pair of new batteries, with both hooked up they barly have enough power to make the door chime sound.. I have too hook it to a Battery charger to start the truck.. Truck idles great, reads no charge, Cant shift it into gear, no radio, heater, lights, guages, unless i keep it hooked up to the battery charger... What could this problem be? Took the batteries in to have them tested and they both test out well.. This truck is startin to piss me off..Its problem after problem

you probably forgot to hook up a ground. There are a lot of them; 5 or 6 IIRC. Dont forget the one that goes from the driver side head to the firewall.

Back