01 VP fuel leak

01 smoke

learnin every day
Have a leaking snubber valve on my vp. It is leaking where it screws into the pump. I tried to tighten it a little and it didnt seem to help any. Has anybody incountered this before and if so any part #s or diagrams would be great. I have never had a vp apart in any form and dont want to jump in blind. I dont realy want to have to pull the pump off and send it back to Mike just to fix a leak if I can take care of it. Thanks

The banjo fitting on my pump took a dump last week or i should say the sealing washers did... My local hardware store hooked me up with some 12mm washer type seals that is working great!

Damn you messed it up!...Maybe its the seal or somethin's cracked. Is it like a banjo bolt or like a pipe fitting that screws in... Do you have a half inch line all the way to the pump or the stock line?

No its one of the six fittings that screw into the back of the IP that the fuel lines go to. Mike called them snubber valves. From what I understand there is a crush washer that seal it.? Cant get this stupid phone to send a video or I would post it.

Should be a simple fix. Just crack the other side of the line first (the part going to the head) If this truck isn't your daily driver, take that fitting off and inspect carefully, check out these pictures and diagrams and see what it'll take. Your choice on if you can take it on.
a6egutyp.jpg
egyty8yz.jpg

Oh and if this isn't the snubber valve let me know

Also on edit: it appears that the plunger is located right behind that fitting, I'd contact someone who has VP rebuild experience and see what they say...

Last edited:
Yes that is what I am refuring to. I have no dought that I can fix it I just wasnt sure if there is any loose parts that may come out with the snubber when I screw it out. The other issue is that I called a local shop and they were no help at all. Said that the crush washers are on back order. Mike wants me to pull it off and send it to him. Just seems like a bunch of un needed work for a leak that I should be able to take care of with out pulling the pump if Mike would send me the washer/seel if he has one in stock. IM going to give Mike a call tomorrow and make a choise one way or another. Thanks for the pics.

Back