01 with a mind of its own.

tater01

A friend of mines got and 01 truck started missin had it scanned said needed new apps. Put new apps on and still same thing I think its a bad injection pump he has had a few guys look at it and everybody's said different things it don't throw a injection pump code so he don't think that's what it is. What do yall think?

Never seen an APPS cause a miss.

fuel leaks?
bad injector.

does it whiter smoke?

I've ran into this before it was the apps plug making a poor connection. It would only read up to like half throttle. Couple things you can try would be to calibrate your TPS. It's somewhere on this form just search for it.

Also you can take electrical sensor cleaner from your local parts store and spray the **** out of both the plug and the port that the plug goes into.

I personally had to clean mine about five times before I got a good solid connection back. Good luck to ya bud

It will rev to like 2200 rpm with out u tochig it and then it will idle then it will miss it just does whatever but when u do rev it it pops and runs like ****. I had the same problem except mine never rev up on its own. I replaced injection pump and runs fine now.

Reviving up like that is a run away. Mine did the same stuff. It's vp time.

Does it have next to no power and cut in and out and sometimes pop?

Mine does exactly this from time to time.

I cleaned up all my connections to the battery and i havent had the cutting out and pop but today i got dead pedal down the highway for about 45 secs.

What gives

now that you said the reving on its own part its for sure the vp. Thats what my first one did and it went away when i replaced the pump. Good ol vp for ya

Mine does exactly this from time to time.

I cleaned up all my connections to the battery and i havent had the cutting out and pop but today i got dead pedal down the highway for about 45 secs.

What gives

clean the chit out of that sensor. if it persist you might just have to replace it.

Back