01 wont idle after .093 line swap? ? ideas?????????????

baprewitt

Sled Puller
My buddy swapped his 01 lines on his truck to .093 stainless lines.

he has 150hp injectors and a hotrod pump. truck would idle fine before new lines but wont now. Dies as soon as auto trans gets put into gear. swapped lines back to old stock ones and its perfectly fine.

WHY I ASK?

Not enough pump valume. I had big lines and no filters with my 100s and it had a little lope. When I put the 6X12s on with bigger transfers it would idle fine but when it warmed up it would lope like a prostock tractor in gear. Not real driveable. Took the .093 lines off and good to go.

U can try raising the idle up with the torx set screw

bigger lines and tubes only really work well with a modified pump, and i dont mean a hotrod either, they still dont move enough fuel at idle to compensate for the bigger lines and tubes.

I had .093 lines and tubes on my truck. It loped real bad in gear at a stop. I would put the truck in neutral when I stopped at a red light. Sometimes it would die when I put it back in gear and other times it wouldnt. Auto trucks dont like big lines and tubes. The engine is put under load in gear at idle and the pump cant keep up with the volume needed to fill the lines. With a triple disc converter its even worse. There is no need for big lines and tubes unless required by the pump manufacturer.

I had .093 lines and tubes on my truck. It loped real bad in gear at a stop. I would put the truck in neutral when I stopped at a red light. Sometimes it would die when I put it back in gear and other times it wouldnt. Auto trucks dont like big lines and tubes. The engine is put under load in gear at idle and the pump cant keep up with the volume needed to fill the lines. With a triple disc converter its even worse. There is no need for big lines and tubes unless required by the pump manufacturer.

Thanks for the info;

I may be lookin at gettin a HotRod pump if it turns out that my VP is dead and was considering the .093 lines. I guess I'll axe that thought

hmm. well thats very interesting. thanks for the help guys! Ill pass on the info.

Did for mine, although I adjusted TPS settings too

Back