02 lost gauges Help!!

TravisG

#THEREALLAVONMILLER
I came out of the store tonight and started the truck. when it first started I had all gauges on the dash. After a few seconds everything quit and the ABS Check engine and air bag light came on, nothing else works. Fuel, oil, voltage, tach, speedo nothing. the only thing that I get where the odometer used to be is a no bus and on the overhead it says cpp or someting.

I drove the truck home and it seems to run fine, just no gauges. Any ideas? Truck is an 02 h.o.

b.t.w. I tried to check the codes with the key trick and got nothing but no bus. Thanks Travis.

No bus means that your gage cluster is not communicating with the ECM. You can do a self check on the gage cluster. Hold in the trip reset while you turn the key to the run position. Gages should sweep.

That was my best trick in the bag and its already been spilt =\

Good info!

I did the self check with the key and reset button and nothing. The odometer reads check and then 400,420,421 and then 999, and then just stays there. Is this some kind of code I should know about. I checked the fuses in the cab and none of them are bad. It has been no warmer than 0 today if that matters any.

02? I see your problem-its a24 valve. You are lucky that it didn't just explode when you turned the key.

Gene- Your not helping! I still got the 'ol 12 valve. These new fancy trucks sure are complicated!:hehe:

Oh help..... Les see. step one, tear out all wiring, and any 24 valve related parts. Step two, insert 12 valve, order Painless wiring kit.:hehe:

How is your day going? Heheheheheh

You are a mean man. Is there any way you could post a pic of yourself. That way I can start training the 5 year old who to kick in the shins when we come down to Union Grove later on this year.:kick:

O-kay. I cleaned the ECM connection and got the gauges and overhead working. Now I got a bunch of codes and the check engine and ABS light is on. The codes are 0500, 1694, 1693,1687,1698,and 1693(twice). I checked these and one is the speed sensor which is probably from spinning the tires on snow covered roads(I hope) the rest are no ccd messages received from ECM. do the other ones mean that the overhead wasn't receiving for a while? Any help would be appreciated ( even you Sleddy!!!)

Codes, scwhmodes. I hope all the maJic computer nerds are reading this thread, and see how stoopid automotive computers are.

Are the roads rough up there? Rough roads are enough to send a 24 V into a tizzy. Im sure you need an injection pump.

Pull the battery cables and let sit overnight OR just pull them all off and touch the Pos and Neg cables together for at least 30 seconds to clear the memory of the PCM.

Back