02 NO high idle

davem3261

Went to start the truck this morning (02 e350 van) and it had no high idle and the warm up valve was not closing. it was about 25 out so it should be working. It worked fine last year. any ideas where to start.

High idle and EBPV are both controlled by the air intake temp sensor and oil temp sensor. First thing I would check is the air intake temp sensor at the airbox. If it's unplugged, the PCM defaults and won't engage high idle or the EBPV.

High idle and EBPV are both controlled by the air intake temp sensor and oil temp sensor. First thing I would check is the air intake temp sensor at the airbox. If it's unplugged, the PCM defaults and won't engage high idle or the EBPV.

Where is the AIT sensor at? I think mine is unplugged. I have a BHAF on. My stuff still works though.

Where is the AIT sensor at? I think mine is unplugged. I have a BHAF on. My stuff still works though.

Look around the filter for a sensor just laying around. It's probably zip tied to something. That's what most people do when they add that type of filter.

ok thanks i will put it on the scanner when i get home

When you do that, look at the oil temp sensor and the air intake sensor before cranking. They should both read close to the same temps (when the engine is cold and has been sitting for several hours). Likewise, you can also crank and monitor those two sensors to see what they are reading, and see if anything is not right.

Back