03-07 truck that blown up!

Bad-Duvall

MOST HATED
Looking to buy a good truck but with a bad motor dont matter how bad it is and i really not care how many miles are on the truck!

I would rather have a 04.5 and up

Benn Duvall

I think what im after is a cheep truck that i can rebulid the motor on to have a nice tow truck.

Someone that might have a loan out on and trucks blown up and they dont have the funds to fix it..

Whats your price range? I saw alot on CL, but didn't think you wanted to spend 16K+ unless you had too... Throw a Airdog/FASS on one of those 24V's and you have a great towrig :D

I assume a dually, but does it matter?

I would run, lousiana salvage flood? Katrina ring a bell? Salt water is very bad on electrical connectors.

If the connectors were immediately dissassembled and had dielectric grease put on them then that wouldn't bother me as bad. I mean if this was for a puller, then I would say go for it, issue with it being the tow vehicle is if you have little gremlins.

is this for a tow vehicle or a puller? If a puller I'd jump on it, if not I would have to thoroughly inspect the thing. If it's had salt water I'd avoid it like the plague...

Since you said Tow Rig earlier. I would stay away from any flood damaged vehicles. You dont want to be stranded with a broke puller on the trailer and a tow rig that has electrical failure. (AKA Really Bad Day.)

Since you said Tow Rig earlier. I would stay away from any flood damaged vehicles. You dont want to be stranded with a broke puller on the trailer and a tow rig that has electrical failure. (AKA Really Bad Day.)

Thats what im sayin.. Im just looking for a truck with bad motor not a wet truck.

my 00 model was a flood truck, was under water for a week, it was cleaned up and done fine. just got to check everything make sure no water is present in drive train or the electrics.

I'm thinking that that particular truck was NOT in a creek... Those seat brackets have HAD to have been in salt water.

Not to mention that everything the guy deals with has flood damage... So I'm thinkin' this guy is scoopin' up Katrina damaged vehicles and parting them out.

I would also say that whoever tried to "repair" the damage didn't get to it too quickly...

I'd run and hide from that truck as a tow rig... Awesome puller project though.

Back