03 6.0 hard starting

goldwing2009

I have an 03 F250 with 6.0 in it. Occasionally, on the first start up of the morning, it will crank for 30 to 40 seconds before it starts. I have already put a set of reman injectors, new glow plugs and resealed the hpop. I suspect that it is losing fuel prime and that is the cause of the problem. Am I on the right track? Any other ideas?

Scan it to check icp if it don't build right away u have a high pressure oil leak some where. Did you replace the stand pipes when u did the injectors the o rings need to be done every time you remove the oil rail. Check ficm voltage when running also needs to be 48.5 volts let us know of your finding these can be hard to figure out some times it's a 6.0l

Sounds to me like an FICM. Google the test procedures it should be 48 volts or better key on engine off, cranking, running at idle and running at 2k rpm. If any of these are low you need to replace it/rebuild it.

90% of the time its the FICM, but it wouldn't hurt to put a scan tool on it and give it a good checkup.

Thanks, FICM voltage is 47.5. Also have a glow plug module communication issue I have to deal with think it needs new module there also.

Back