will24

That guy
Truck background -

03 2500
was manual, has FMVB 47re in now, dpc converter
200% over exergys, 6.7 tubes
475/591 twins
Stock over fleece 10mm, motorsports controller

Stock bottom end with 220k on it (new SB is in the works)

Compression numbers came out 275-300 (third hit)

Problem started after an 1/8 mile pass (7.0/104, full weight truck with a big stereo). All was good going back to the pits, problem started after firing back up for eliminations.

Injectors JUST came back from exergy (back in the truck yesterday)

Swapped ECMs with our 03 tow rig to eliminate injector drivers. Fuel pressure never dips below 20psi

I'm leaning toward cam or crank timing slipped or something hiding in the bottom end.

Any thoughts? I'm stumped at the moment. Idles nearly perfect, missed bad off idle and won't rev over 2200

b2329c6b3f2f6ec3f3371f49fec7c0f9.jpg

https://vimeo.com/171582572

Sent from my flashscan v2

What are you running for tuning? A smarty ssr caused this on my truck all of a sudden last year. Took the smarty of and it was fine

Bump. Thinking possibly a dual pump controller. Have one ordered. Any other thoughts?

I would try and kill cylinders at the rpm missing. If it's in the bottom end you will find the whole.

Mine did the same thing when I bent a rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little coolant in one cylinder from a head gasket leak, and then start it up = a bent rod. A head gasket leak with pressure in the coolant system after a pass will/can put quite a bit of water in a cylinder.

Paul

A little coolant in one cylinder from a head gasket leak, and then start it up = a bent rod. A head gasket leak with pressure in the coolant system after a pass will/can put quite a bit of water in a cylinder.

Paul

The cause of mine was bad tuning and second gear lock up in a 10k lb truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're leaning toward the bent rod thing pretty heavily. Drew Pumphrey thinks it may be all 6...

I'd say #1 and #5 rods are 1/32" shorter than stock (bent 0.031")
and all the others are 1/16" shorter than stock (bent 0.063")
How you lucked out and bent the rods rather than breaking the rods is the true mystery...

But I could be way off.... this is just a guess!

I have a set of Japan rods and a set of fractured rods out on the table. What do I need to do to check straightness? Specialized tooling needed?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

How you lucked out and bent the rods rather than breaking the rods is the true mystery...

I bent all 6 in a pulling engine in '13. Ken Jones said the same thing when he took it apart and saw them. In my case the Zeus wigged out over a sensor malfunction at 5800rpm and killed it literally.

"Was his name"

OP so is built bottom end ready to go on?

We have something in the works lol. Part of the plan is swapping everything into the shop RC and putting the QC back to tow pig status

Good call guys... Whole matching set
8e7246895201ee67c7d1b5049c0649f6.jpg

Back