03 Excursion Project

YEA progress.. i need to get a photo bucket account to share some pics. ive got the 05/06 CR ready for a test fire this weekend. just got the fuel system plumbed and primed/flushed last night.. this engine is for the 01 excursion

front cover looks great. im trying to remember the last time i saw a B with an isolated pan bolts. not to discurage but all the transit buses i worked on with CAPS ISL with those isolaters always leaked after a period of time. but your carring less than HALF of the oil that those pans supported.

The whole gear housing/front cover thing came about when I found the factory aluminum tappet cover on ebay. I got the rest of the isolation parts, saw how far it all stuck out, decided to modify a VP44 gear housing to get the pump out further, used a modified A pump gear, and use a standard billet front cover instead of making one for a VE housing.

I've never seen another B with a isolated pan, I stumbled into it on Quickserve in a noise reduction bulletin. I decided I would try it out (I'm sure you can tell I'm going for quiet on this thing) but that was expensive. I think it was around $400 for the gasket and isolators.

I hope it doesn't leak. :hehe:

Not a whole lot. Trying to con a buddy of mine into finishing the port job in the head. I roughed everything in, did the valve job, finished up 1 cylinder, and put it on the flow bench. Was satisfied with the results and have been too busy working on other more important crap since then.

I was supposed to have this thing done before baby arrived. Baby is now a month old. LOL Luckily I found that if you change seats in a Windstar it will seat 8 so we're good for the time being.

I really need to get back at this thing. Bad.

Not a whole lot. Trying to con a buddy of mine into finishing the port job in the head. I roughed everything in, did the valve job, finished up 1 cylinder, and put it on the flow bench. Was satisfied with the results and have been too busy working on other more important crap since then.

I was supposed to have this thing done before baby arrived. Baby is now a month old. LOL Luckily I found that if you change seats in a Windstar it will seat 8 so we're good for the time being.

I really need to get back at this thing. Bad.

Good luck with it man. I just started my 00 today. Some stuff I want to do to it will have to wait until I have more $$$. Right now, I just need to get it going. The wife's DD is going to crap in a hurry.

Can't wait to see more of the build.it looks amazing now are u keeping the black shell to or are u respraying it also?

Kids will do that to ya they consume a lot of time.

Honestly, it's not the kids. It's other work that I take on that I really shouldn't due to lack of time.

Good luck with it man. I just started my 00 today. Some stuff I want to do to it will have to wait until I have more $$$. Right now, I just need to get it going. The wife's DD is going to crap in a hurry.

Fortunatley, funds have not been a issue since this has gone on so long. LOL

Can't wait to see more of the build.it looks amazing now are u keeping the black shell to or are u respraying it also?

It took me a while to figure out where you came up with black. Then I realized that the pictures make it look black. It's actually Tan. It's gonna stay that color. If the body was spotless it would get sprayed pearl white and get lots of stainless and chrome. I'm not investing too deep in a body that has been in northern Ohio all it's life.

Just wondering, how well does powdercoat hold up to the winter's up there?

I realized that the pictures make it look black. It's actually Tan. It's gonna stay that color. If the body was spotless it would get sprayed pearl white and get lots of stainless and chrome.

Very nice work!
I'm getting ready to start converting our 2000 excursion. hoping I can get it done before out fifth kid comes. and my wifes caravan could give up the ghost any day. So I guess we'll see how I make out.

Back