03 power window problem

wildman6bt

Diesel = Broke
The passenger side switch has always worked sometimes but the drivers side switch for it would always work. Well the other day I rolled them down before I left for work and now my passenger side won't roll up. So I bought a switch for it and still wouldn't roll up, after that I put wires from the battery on the window motor and it works. I tried to use the switches and both would roll down but wouldn't go back up. Driver side works fine.

Do you think it's the driverside switch since it feeds the passenger side?

Could it be the relay; because I would think it would screw up the driverside.

Of course this happened when we had a storm hit and I had nothing to cover the window!

Hope you can help!

Last edited:
Replacing the drivers side seems like the next best step. It's either been the switch or the motor from what I've seen.

Thanks haloman I may run to the junkyard down the road see if they have one.

If either switch is unplugged that window won't work. Example. Passenger front door unplugged=driver door switch unable to control passenger front window. Reverse effect as well.

Most likely broken wire in harness from door jam and door pull boot back and check had simular prob. with lock on 1 door .

The window working from only the drivers side is the POS switch on the drivers side. In particular the lock out button. There is a thread somewhere about soldering in a jumper. It eliminates the lockout function but I have never had a problem with the switch since I did it. This was about 2 years ago.

Had this problem in my dad's old 03. A new driver's door switch fixed it.

Had this problem in my dad's old 03. A new driver's door switch fixed it.

The local junkyard only had manual window trucks. I got one more junkyard to look at then it's off to the stealership!

Driver side door switch boards have solder joints that crack

Either re-solder and check all welds in the board or buy a new master driver switch panel

Thanks for the input D45. I looked on eBay today and someone has oem one for $100 new.

My 2004 quad cab is doing the same....

The drivers panel is the only panel that will control any of the windows and the LR window won't work at all. (That may be the motor)

Well just run a power wire and ground to the motor, one way will go up and switch the wires and it will go down. I did that just to get it back up. Just remove the door panel and pull the speaker out and the plug is right there.

Last edited:
Well got it working I took it apart and cleaned off the contacts on the switch. Here is some pics.

IMAG0006_zps9a8746ab.jpg

The driverside looks like it got a little warm.

IMAG0008_zpsf39bc793.jpg

Ebay was the cheapest master panel he could find. This is back 2 or 3 years. Good to hear you got it workin.

Back