04.5 cummins intermidently starts and wont start

06cumminz

I have a customers 2004.5 cummins auto 4wd. 180k miles. Truck has a FASS 100hp injectors, 66m turbo, built trans.

Customer showed up to the shop a month back and truck wouldn't start when he was ready to leave. So I started checking it out. Had no cummincation with ECM. Order a ECM and swapped it. Truck started right up. Went on a test drive and when I got back turned it off, 30 minutes later went to start it and it would only crank.

I tested fuel pressure 18 psi, tested overflow valve. Its in good shape. Sent the injectors to get tested, they all passed. Installed new feed tubes and torqued to 44 ft lbs. Fired right up. Went on test drive came back and same issue, after sitting 10-30 minutes it will not start.

Now its to the point it wont start at all. I swapped CP3 and nothing. Swapped rail sensor, chased all the wiring, I cant find anything wrong with it.

I'm at a loss with the truck. It will not start and doestn have any codes. Any help is appreciated, any questions just ask.

Thanks
Stephen

You have any way of checking rail pressure while cranking? Will it start on either?

Back