04.5 dies at stops

Feed Bunk

Hi everybody we just bought an 04 dodge for a work truck. Test drove it ran like a champ but halfway home just after i passed a truck I let out of the throttle a little bit and it pulled down and died. Coasted over to the side of the road and finally got it to start. Limped it home changed the fuel filter, but its still doing it. It just seems to die here and there, but only when you let off the throttle like rolling up to a stop light. It hasnt thrown any lights on the dash, and Im a 12v guy so this babys a little complex for me. Any ideas?
Thanks

got a buddies 05 does the same thing he has changed i think every sensor under the hood lift pump cp3 fuel rail releif valve and now fixing to do injectors any news?

Funny...mine just started to do this as well....no rhyme or reason. Just sitting still or coasting at slow speeds, just dies like the key was turned off. Starts right back up and carries on...

~Les

Lift pump, took it to my local injection guy today. Checked the pressure and it was nothing, he checked for codes and pulled one up for low lift pump pressure. He had a fass on hand so I spent the cash and had him install it because we needed the truck to haul hay. Its running great now other than that fass is a little loud. Also when I changed the fuel filter the other day it took forever to fill the housing and prime, but today it did it super fast. So that would be another way to tell I guess.

Last edited:
Back