04 6.0l problems

2001cummins

Costly
I have a buddy that has no oil pressure, but as soon as he taps the gas his oil pressure is fine. He also is leaking water around his intake by his turbo. He thinks its a o ring. He has replaced it four times. Is there anything i could tell him to buy to help. I am not big on fords thats y I ask. Thanks.

So his oil pressure guage drops to 0 when his tach falls below 900 rpm and the check guage light comes on too correct. If he just touches the gas a bit the pressure goes to normal and the light goes out. truck runs fine otherwise correct? This could be from a number of problems from a bad Lpop, a gouged front cover, stand pipe, o-ring or even the little ball in the Hpop or a bad Hpop. best thing to do is follow the leak test procedures with air pressure and try to find the problem from there.

I was fighting that same problem for 1.5 years before she gave up the ghost, you can see in my sig how I am fixing that problem. This is just what I did.

I would test the real pressure with a mechanical gauge, those switches do go bad.

I do alot of oil psi switchs if it is wet change it If you take oil filter cap of and crank over motor base oil psi is ok

Yes even though the oil pressure guage is looking for the low pressure oil side the problem could still be on the high pressure side of things, although it is less likely. Also, It could be the wire to the sending unit (it is a single dark color wire) it could be loose, mine was barely hanging on at the connector I don't know if that would have fixed that problem since I pulled the motor before I found the problem with the wire, but I highly doubt it would have.

I have a buddy that has no oil pressure, but as soon as he taps the gas his oil pressure is fine. He also is leaking water around his intake by his turbo. He thinks its a o ring. He has replaced it four times. Is there anything i could tell him to buy to help. I am not big on fords thats y I ask. Thanks.

LPOP? And the water wouldn't be coming from the degas bottle would it?

Back