04 duramax mods

jjb3006

Being that I don't know much about duramax's, I have a buddy with a 04 2500 HD LB7 that is looking to do a little modification to his truck. As of now it is bone stock, and he is looking to get a little more out of his truck, he is thinking of putting a programmer or box on his truck along with an exhaust and an intake. I thought that I would ask for yalls input on this to see what you thought would be the best setup for his truck, he isn't looking to do any sled pulling or drag racing with it, but he does occasionally pull trailer and would like to smoke those little ricer burners from the stop lights when they start messing with him. Thanks for yalls help in advance

Josh

Sounds like he would be happy with a PPE standard tuner, Kennedy Diesels airbox mod, and an MBRP exhaust.

thanks for the help here, now whats this airbox mod that your talking about. If anyone else wants to throw anything out there feel free to do so.

Go to either an S&B or AFE air intake, exhaust type depends on how much noise he wants to make. I had MBRP on my truck and loved it but it gets pretty loud when you floor it. As for tuners, PPE is the most "user" friendly but you can't beat EFI live.

I would keep it simple and just do whats necessary. Throw on an mbrp 4in. turbo back and a ppe standard.

X2 on the MBRP and really any of the tuners will work good of course some work better than others but sounds like he just wants a little more. I had an Edge worked good, Diablo Predator worked good, Superchips, and Banks six gun. Good luck with what you decide on. No matter which one it will be fun!!

PPE is in my opinion th best box tuner out there. Second only to EFI Live. Back home there is a local truck runnin PPE and he is in the high 12's I think 12.8 was his best.

PPE also has an airbox mod, that can carry you to the 500 RWHP level, no need to waste money on an intake IMO. MBRP 4" turbo back will sound nice and give it a bit more ummph, not much. I would also put a set of tie rod sleeves or HD tie rods on it. As the stock GM units are just waiting to fail. A good set of gauges to keep an eye on everything, and he will be good to go for alot of miles.

PPE def smokes alot if you like that! I have seen 440-470 rwhp on the PPE tuned Duramaxes around here. Good power!!!

Back