04 duramax question

Yamaha12

Been messing with my duramax and I have a few questions my buddys couldnt answer

Im putting a edge jucie w/ att in....right now i have banks intake and banks downpipe back exhaust
Should the downpipe be something i change out? Is the downpipe restricting anything?

Been messing with my duramax and I have a few questions my buddys couldnt answer

Im putting a edge jucie w/ att in....right now i have banks intake and banks downpipe back exhaust
Should the downpipe be something i change out? Is the downpipe restricting anything?

You don't have to, but guys that have swapped them out for aftermarket say EGT's go down a bit and spool up is better. You can make big power without swapping it out but it's a good addition to any build IMO.

I wouldnt change it. Is it 4 inch exhaust

well i was wrong a little i guess
been researching it a little more i guess its the front pipe?
i was just wanting a turbo back but from what iv seen its like not possible
and ya its all 4 inch as far as i remember :p put it in almost 2 years ago lol

edit:
and i remember when i putting the exhaust on i fired it up just to see if it was crazy loud....and it had like no sound change, thats another thing i wanted to get rid of is all the cats presilencers or whatever it has

well i was wrong a little i guess
been researching it a little more i guess its the front pipe?
i was just wanting a turbo back but from what iv seen its like not possible
and ya its all 4 inch as far as i remember :p put it in almost 2 years ago lol

edit:
and i remember when i putting the exhaust on i fired it up just to see if it was crazy loud....and it had like no sound change, thats another thing i wanted to get rid of is all the cats presilencers or whatever it has

I'm pretty sure Rick Lance makes a 4" LB7 front pipe.

Any diesel exhaust company will make a 4" front pipe. Rick D Lance makes a 3" downpipe which is what I believe TP is talking about.

well since were talkin bout a 04 duramax i just got a edge attitude with juice and it is making my check engine light come on and when i put the computer on it and deleted all codes (which was EGR and turbo codes) and the truck still ran like crap (no power at all and only 3 psi of boost up a big hill) but shut it off and waited a little bit and started it back up and the light came back on so i took all the edge stuff off and deleted the codes again and the light hasnt came back on and the truck runs better stock then with the chip on it

any advice guys??????

Any diesel exhaust company will make a 4" front pipe. Rick D Lance makes a 3" downpipe which is what I believe TP is talking about.

Nice catch. My bad.

well since were talkin bout a 04 duramax i just got a edge attitude with juice and it is making my check engine light come on and when i put the computer on it and deleted all codes (which was EGR and turbo codes) and the truck still ran like crap (no power at all and only 3 psi of boost up a big hill) but shut it off and waited a little bit and started it back up and the light came back on so i took all the edge stuff off and deleted the codes again and the light hasnt came back on and the truck runs better stock then with the chip on it

any advice guys??????

You could send it back to Edge and have it repaired, I've seen quite a few of the older boxes cause similar issues.

any advice guys??????

Inspect the pins on the connectors and make sure none are bent. I have heard of that causing your type of issues

Back