05 Blown motor

1stack

Looking at an 05 crew cab short bed 4wd. Truck has 253k miles and on the test drive today the rod came out the side of the block. Truck is bone stock right down to the muffler. Trans has been built about 10k Miles ago.
My question is what would I be looking at for a complete build motor including a new block? Pull old motor and install rebuilt one. In Ohio.

PM Mark Nixon he may have a pulled runner for your needs.
Thanks for looking out for me. :)

Unfortunately, given past experiences, I won't sell a "runner" as a "runner", as most commonrails are needing gone through.

On a core to rebuild, plan on a grand for a basic core longblock, then another ~ $2000 to make it an assembled longblock.
That's not including GOOD reman/oem fuel components.

For all the hassle, might as well build a 6.7, the cost isn't that much more and most guys who have done so, have been happy with the results.

Mark.

We usually sell reman long blocks for 5900 that include head studs. That is minus the fuel system and accessories such as alternator, sensors, etc. Just for reference.

5900.00 sounds about right for a long block, but if I was looking at a used blown (hole in the block) truck, I'd figure 10,000.00 to invest to make it whole.

Been seeing nice, running CR 5.9 4x4s going for well under $10k, lately.

Mark.

Back