'05 Bumper/Grill/Headlight Conversion

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Finally got mine finished (well, for the most part). Used an '05 bumper I got from Doug and an '05 Harley Grill, Harley headlights, and an '05 header panel from Certi-fit that I got a while back for another truck. Took the bumper apart then prepped, primed and painted it and the grill. Then just unbolted all the old stuff, transferred the speed clips over, and put all the new stuff on.

Only issues I ran in to were 1) the bottom grill clips are different for the '05 so I couldn't use my old ones. I'll have to pick some up. 2) I've got 6 plastic push-in clips that came off the '05 bumper when I took it apart but can't remember where they went and didn't notice a place where they'd go. 3) the plastic ends of the bumper stick out from the fender a little. Not sure how to fix that. 4) the paint's a little off but I expected that since it's new paint vs 9 year old paint. Doesn't bother me anyway since the whole truck is gonna get wrapped soon anyway. 5) I need to get the plastic piece that goes underneath the bumper.

Here's some pics. :D

030e6c0e.jpg

1a40a80f.jpg

e57feee0.jpg

b6a1e3e2.jpg

3cad0eb7.jpg

f2e02f6f.jpg

72cc8c09.jpg

3e3eda6d.jpg

b4cb8a11.jpg

5c482c86.jpg

30b9d71a.jpg

A before pic for comparison:

9c0b1c85.jpg

I did the same on my 2000, I did the 07 Harley with colormatched grille with a chrome bumper.

now do the mirrors. i cant wait till i do the front end on mine.

Actually the whole thing's getting wrapped in about a month or so after the 4x4 and shortbed conversions are done. Got the preview for it last night. It's gonna be pretty wicked looking. :D

Actually the whole thing's getting wrapped in about a month or so after the 4x4 and shortbed conversions are done. Got the preview for it last night. It's gonna be pretty wicked looking. :D

So it's gonna be a 2dr 4x4? That's gonna be short and high lol.

iPhone ?

So it's gonna be a 2dr 4x4? That's gonna be short and high lol.

iPhone ��

2dr 4x4 Shortbed. Actually it's gonna sit a hair lower than a stock 4x4 like my old truck. Just gonna have some Proxes on it.

what was the total cost on the 05 front?

Free. :D Besides the paint that is. I had no idea a quart of paint cost so friggin' much. :doh: Doug at GoGo gave me the bumper and I had got the Harley grill and headlights as a birthday present.

Are those the real Harley lights or the eBay knockoffs?

Eagle One knock-offs. They were on another truck for about a year now and haven't had any condensation issues or anything. Very happy with 'em.

Last edited:
They look great Danny, for being a third of the price I think I'll give them a try too.

Back