05 cr Bad Cutout towards the end of the track.

NEKcummins

UDC tuned 05 commonrail fuel cutout - YouTube

This was at a hometown pull here in Vermont lastweekend. I'm udc tuned running an Lbz pump over an ii 85 over pump and ii 55lpm injectors. 4.56 gears with 35s dualled. I've checked all my voltages/sensors and rail pressure seems to be neck and neck with desired. Not having efi I was able to put together a template using a co pilot from a local dealership to data log forvtommorow night. Anybody ever experience a cutout of this nature. Or have similar issues. Just trying to rule things out and know what to look for in my log to pin point my issue. It also doesn't really appear to fuel hard for my fueling mods would anybody agree?

Sounded like you were hitting a Rev Limiter... Do you know if our fuel supply/pressure was good until it started cutting out?

Smarty only fuels to 3800 ish. My rev limiter is Set at 4200. I went to 35s because my rpms with 33s were above fueling partly probably because it wasn't hooking. Lastnight I brought rail pressure over 20,000 and my air dog was still returning consistently to the tank. I've wondered if lift pump could be contributing though. What's the best way to test pressure?

That was my 1st run with 35s but from what I could see 3700-3900.

Last edited:
Supply pressure and rail pressure going down the track would be something I'd be checking out...

It runs and idles and on a high rev idles back normal. Funny readings on the scan tool have me leaning towards the map sensor.

When mine hits the limiter it studders but doesnt completly fall on its face. I think your obn the right track with fuel supply.

Back