05 Driving Light Issues......

Hammer

Verbal Junk Author
This one should have been a easy fix,but,I am lost so a little help here is needed..

My 05 truck was converted over to HID's in both the headlights and driving lights.Headlights were done and wired that they only use the factory harness to trigger the relay that turns them on.The driving lights were also converted to HID's but were left on the factory wiring harness as their light usage I felt wouldn't be a issue or need to wire them with a relay harness.

Everything was fine until a week ago when we left for a club holiday party and I turned the driving lights on due to the bad weather and they came on then blinked and went out.I checked when I got home and noticed the fuse had blown so thats where I started at.Swapped that and nothing.Installed a new relay next and still had no power to them.Figured maybe I took the ballasts or bulbs out so I swapped back my Silver Stars into them and nothing.Took the HID's and ballasts and placed them into my 03's lights and they work just fine.

Checked the truck with a scan tool to see if anything comes up and no codes or issues were seen.Going to pick up a new switch just in case that could be the problem but once that is swapped and if it doesn't work I am out of ideas.

So I ask.what am I missing here as I am lost.I checked everything I would normally check and must me missing the secret controller I guess....LOL....?????........Andy

hmmm kinda thinkin he is talkin fog lights...... ole Andy might be snoozin, its the culmination of his busy season!

Mike....
Busy season has had me running alot and yes I am a bit tired.I can not wait for it to end,trust me on that,LOL.3000+ mile weeks with each day right at my 14hr mark leads to a loaded bank account and being to tired to spend it or work on anything,LOL.

Driving lights,Fog lights,you say potato some say patato....
How about I describe them this way......
THE LIGHTS IN THE BUMPER......LOL
The switch swap made zero difference as I got one today from my buddies boneyard out of a wrecked 40K 05 Hemi truck that was whacked hard in the right side(I know this,I am glad I wasn't in the right side as whatever hit it may have left a mark on that co-pilot).

Going to try and trace the wiring next and see if I can find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back