05 f250 suspension questions.

cmont58

Yankee
I have my 2005 f250 extended cab long bed and was wondering if there is anything I can do to get the suspension setup a little better. Truck currently has a set of traction bars and I will be removing the overload springs also removed the rear sway bar. Is there anything I can do to the front suspension. I want to cut a coil out of the front to lower it down so that the truck will sit level but won't if it will negatively affect how the truck hooks. Don't have the $$ to get rid of the torsion bars right now but that is hopefully coming in the future. I'm running Nitto 420s at 32psi in the front and 28psi in the rear. Best 60' to date was a 1.78 but at some of the local tracks that aren't prep'd for test and tune night you can hear the tires spinning on the launch for about 30'.

Do you have a timeslip? What does the truck weigh?

I'll have to dig a time slip up if I can find one but at the RTDS last year it ran an 8.2x@88 if I remember correctly. Launching at about 18-20 psi I tried 24 psi once and it came out of the hole like a jack rabbit. Do you think cutting a cool out of the front will hurt my 60' by letting the front suspension unload. I know I'm not making crazy horse power but the goal is to go faster not slower haha.

Last edited:
Back