05 truck with 03 engine problems

Also the temp sensor I need to change so that's not plugged in and also in in the process of getting the apps pedal cause it has no throttle. Does anybody know if the 05pedal will work with the 03 computer? Or am I going to have to flash this 03 computer to the 05 specs?

So I still need some help guys. I have all the harness and 05 computer. still runs the exact same. Only code is a bat temp sensor. Could that be causing it all? Cause I don't have the sensor at all. Do you think that's the problem?

So you have an 05 truck with 03 engine? Cant make an 03 ecm into an 05 ecm if i recall. Iat nor Bat temp sensor will make it run like that.

Last edited:
I would think that if the engine and ecm are both 03 there should not be an issue. The only difference between the two model years was the advanced electronics of the engine.

I have the 05 truck and with the 05 computer for the engine. The injectors are 03 along with the pistons. It has run the same with both computers. Only has a map sensor code throttle valadation code and battery temp sensor

I have the 05 truck and with the 05 computer for the engine. The injectors are 03 along with the pistons. It has run the same with both computers. Only has a map sensor code throttle valadation code and battery temp sensor

Is it the original ECM for the truck?

no it is not. The original is gone, and I have this one out of a 05 manual. my original was a 05 auto but I have a full manual vb so I got a manual one instead

That's your dead pedal problem. I'm not sure if you can make a manual ECM play nice with an auto harness. It's been to long since I've been down that road.

But if I had the auto computer then it would mess with the engine if the trans was not hooked up correct?

Back