06 converter lock up switch

ylo73z

Need help finding a converter lockup kit /controller or a wiring diagram to do it myself ...I'm really determined to pull the center out of my flex plate and I think this is the best way to achieve that

Tap into wire from Pin #7 on the eight pin connector of transmission, and run that to toggle switch, and other side of toggle goes to ground with 33ohm resistor in line between switch and ground.
Done.

Lavon

Does that same set up apply to my 05 ? Last one I did on that had me jumping a wire across two prongs on the transmission relay

06 up doesn't have transmission relay in fuse box, 05 you need to remove transmission relay and jump pins 30-87 together if I remember correctly.

Lavon

Lavon, your method for the 06 works on all 3rd gen trucks with the 47/48re. I've done it a few times.

Good to know, I've never tried a inline resistor instead of jumping the relay on 03-05.

True, I almost forgot about your truck, you tried it both ways didn't you?

Yeah, if I put the jumper in place of the relay, it puts it in limp mode

I ran my 04 for years with pin 7 switched to ground through a resistor, never seen limp mode and never had a missed lockup. Then I broke a billet input, int. and output. LOL

Mine works fine with the relay still in place. If I take it out and put the jumper in, that's when it limps

Good to know ....maybe that's why it runs like crap some times and skips 2nd gear

Usually limp mode with a 48re is no first gear or overdrive, so you may have other issues

I'll try taking everything off and see what happens ....yeah I definatly have other issues ....pump is wasted and leaks like crazy

towing with lock up

I tow a 32 foot weekend warrior. About 13k lbIs. Is it safe to down shift and up shift if needed when pulling a grade with the converter locked?

Last edited:
Good luck down shifting.

I wouldn't up shift with a stock trans and a load. If you're empty it ain't so bad.

I tow a 32 foot weekend warrior. About 13k lbIs. Is it safe to down shift and up shift if needed when pulling a grade with the converter locked?

Up shifting is possible but good luck down shifting. Either way it put extreme shock load on the shafts. You WILL break something, might be immediately, might be a year from now.

Back