06 Jeep Liberty Qs?

DieselNasty

Ok guys my GF might be getting a CRD, thanks to me haha. Anyways whats the best programmer for it, because I was thinking the TS MP8? How bout some other mods for it like blocking egr, exhausts, intakes and stuff? I prob shouldn't be messing with this but I cant leave anything stock lol!

I had a buddy with one of these and I always wanted to try cutting out the cat and leave the a muffler in there. Will it throw codes?

Bought the ex an 05. Pulled both the muffler and cat. I still got the edge box on it as I kept the jeep after i got divorced. I have put two T/C's in it though since I had it. One before the mods and one after so beware but I am telling you this thing will move and is a fun thing to drive when the roads are wet with the jeeps having such a short wheelbase.

I just lifted my wifes liberty crd and put on some Nitto 265-70-16's and what a difference. Looks awesome and drives even better than stock IMO. I'm not really going to mess with it too much now except for putting a piece of flex in place of the muffler and after looking I guess I'm going to throw an Edge EZ on it just for a little more get up and go. Hers has already had one T/C put in from the previous owner and I'm hoping that the bigger tires and edge and her heavy foot will toast this one before 70k miles so I can get one more under warranty.

I am looking at getting a dr. performance box. I can get one cheap from a friend of mine. and it gives 45 hp and 90 tq. but there aren't too many people around here with modded libbys. the wife loves it!

seen one in gatlenberg tenn with an edge didnt talk to the guy only noticed it was a crd by all the smoke he was blowing while passing another car

well ours smokes pretty good stock if you diddle dally around town alot with it then stomp on it to pass someone. even going down the freeway if you giver it hazzes pretty good. but I guess I wouldn't say it smokes as much as a gray haze. But I still have factory exhaust for now. eventually it will have 3" straight pipe.

I have an 06 KJ CRD and an 05 KJ CRD. I have heard varied comments about the performance chips for these. Mainly that they just make more smoke and don't do jack for fuel economy. I would hate to spend money on something only to have it damage my engine in some manner...out of the warranty period and all. On the 05 CRD, I removed the catalyst and there is no real difference in fuel economy, the real issue is that now the exhaust smell like hydrocarbon all the time and it can be a little annoying. Are there any mods that give better performance and also better mpg?

i would expect the programmers would do the same to them as they do to our regular trucks, more power, better mileage, less transmission life lol

i would expect the programmers would do the same to them as they do to our regular trucks, more power, better mileage, less transmission life lol

and these things dont need any help in that department... from what I've heard they are plenty hard on them from the factory..

Back