06 quit while driving won't restart no oil pressure

farmboy6.0

Got about 2k on my fresh rebuild has been running good except it has been seeming to Crank a long time now it just up and quit and won't restart. Gauge on the dash shows no pressure while cranking and I put a mechanical gauge on it still shows nothing. I pulled the oil filter and the bowl fills right up no prob. So any ideas. This thing has everything done stc,dummy plugs,standpipes,new low pressure pump all new sensors didn't put a new ipr but did a new screen. Any ideas for me. Thanks

Not too familiar with them but from what I know an heard sounds like an hpop issues or maybe a valve up top not letting the hpop do its job?

My guess would be a leak on the high pressure oil side, or your hpop is bad. Seen it on quite a few.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But dosent the oil pressure switch get its flow directly from the low pressure pump and that's not showing any oil pressure so I cant
rely on any diagnostics of the high pressure side

It won't show oil pressure if hpop is bad no matter if low pressure is good or bad.. been thru this already

I wouldn't jump to tossing a new hpop though. There could be something up top that's your problem. My brother in law just went through this. It ended up being a $140 part.

12v what was his problem I can believe that my hpop would be bad but I don't believe that is my problem and I don't believe I have a leak I just put all the updates in here less than 2k ago and a new low pressure pump so idk I'm stumped

I would do a leak test just to make sure and that will also tell you if the IPR is working correctly.

His was the ipr but I just spoke with him and his is down again lol good times. Might have to forward him the 12v in 06 Ford thread.

Pull oil filter and press the plunger down with a screwdriver. Have someone crank it over and see how fast it fills the oil filter reservoir.

Read your icp and let us know what it gets to. Also you get all ford oem sensors? You try to unplug icp? Reading ipr and icp will help diagnose

Back