06 sports bumper on 2nd gen?

rollerink

Anyone ever tried this? I saw this awhile make in a Diesel Power and thought it looked awesome on my '96. Just wondering if was worth doing or would the 2nd gen sports bumper be and easier conversion?

l_095a0efe08edca5f3635e4a76ad2cd22.jpg

Definitely looks sweet, I just think they should of done something with that gap between the grill and bumper that shows the intercooler

2000-2001 Sport grill will help with the gap.

I've seen a truck like this. Looking from the side it has a "Bubba Gump" lip look to it.:poke:

Scott

yeah, I was thinking Jay Leno myself

Interesting swap, nonetheless

Its not a 3 gen bumper, but the truck is for sale. Sport bumpers are the way to go but you have to get a grill also

If that isnt a 3rd gen sport bumper will someone PLEASE tell me who makes that bumper cover to fit a 2nd gen!!!

of course it's not a 3rd gen bumper, it's missing the cutouts for the headlights for 03-05 and it's definately not an 06-08 because the cuts aren't right..

Looks like a 3rd gen bumper that had the indents for the headlights cut out. I agree, it nees a sport grille. Looks as though they modeled the bumper after a whale's mouth. Good job for thinking outside the box, whoever's it is.

Looks like a 3rd gen bumper that had the indents for the headlights cut out. I agree, it nees a sport grille. Looks as though they modeled the bumper after a whale's mouth. Good job for thinking outside the box, whoever's it is.

Look at post#6 and you'll find the owner.

Here are the pictures: 2 gen truck with 3 gen front end.

Attachments

• a3_12.jpg
    a3_12.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 134
  • dd_13.jpg
    dd_13.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 123
i doubt my bumper is a 3 gen unless they spent tons of fab time on it around the lights and under the skin you see is a chopped steel 2 gen bumper. I bought my truck with the bumper on it and don't know how it was made assembled. (if your really interested i can take some pics underneath)

So , witch bumpers are in your truck ?

:poke:

That is a 3rd gen sport cover with the headlamp notches molded out. The corners are still to high to just cut them off. The crap they have for those urethane covers now is unreal. It isnt a real big deal for someone familar with repairing them. It still takes some skill to do.

My guess is they used the choped up remains of the steel reinforcment from the 3rd gen welded to the remnants of the 2nd gen steel bumper.

Im all to familar with both of those bumper assemblies. Trust me its a 3rd gen cover and somebody with WAYto much free time.

its a unicorn bumper. common to the upper lower middle countries. who made the bumper for you? is it a one off custom or is ther a company that makes it

i doubt my bumper is a 3 gen unless they spent tons of fab time on it around the lights and under the skin you see is a chopped steel 2 gen bumper. I bought my truck with the bumper on it and don't know how it was made assembled. (if your really interested i can take some pics underneath)
Your answer lies here in Dalenw's post.

Back