07 5.9 getting hot with snow plow

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
I'm guessing my fan clutch is bad. My mega cab runs very warm when going down the highway. What's my best option flex a lite fans or a factory one.

Factory without question.

If you ground one of wires on the clutch harness with a switch you can have manual control of clutch lockup. Can't remember which wire but I did it on my 03 and its pretty handy.

Hmm that's good to know. I had my other 06 heating up with the blade on as well only on highway.

When your running 50-60 with the plow it will get up to 215-220 and of you stop high idle and cool right down. I will probably do a manual switch. My Pete has one and I use quite a bit. Where's the best place to get one the stealership?

I got mine at allmoparparts.com and they had the best price I could find for an OE unit.

** Edit: Looks like they have gone up in price. IIRC, I paid $275ish, and they are now $320. Might find it cheaper by shopping around...

Last edited:
Y'all ever think that the giant wind block you have up front is causing the truck to run warm?

Try dropping the plow down as low as u safely can. The blade actually creates a vaccum in the area nehind the ploe amd front of the truck. According to manufacture studies it can even cause air from under the engine be the only soirce of cooling air.

Y'all ever think that the giant wind block you have up front is causing the truck to run warm?

Thank you Mr. Obvious. I also have an 03 with the same plow that never gets hot but the fan actually works on it.

Obviously a 2-3 foot tall blade is a wind break of sorts.
I vote you cut slots in the blade to allow air to pass through it. :hehe:

Mark.

Back