07 5.9 no start

blkout

Truck will fire with ether only, grid heater doesn't cycle. Thoughts?

You mean; truck turns over. Will not run. But with ether it will turn over and then run?

You mean; truck turns over. Will not run. But with ether it will turn over and then run?

Turns over but only starts and stays running after ether. Drives and runs fine, just won't start without help from the can.

Can't figure out why the grid heater isn't cycling. Light on dash isn't coming on, and its cold enough.

Have you checked the voltage at the solenoid or tried to manually give power/ground to the solenoid for grid heater? Check your fuses?

Grid heater not functioning has nothing to do with having to use ether. But it would be better to use gas on a rag instead of ether.

Have you checked the voltage at the solenoid or tried to manually give power/ground to the solenoid for grid heater? Check your fuses?

Grid heater not functioning has nothing to do with having to use ether. But it would be better to use gas on a rag instead of ether.

Yes the relay works, never sees 12 volts to coil. Manually energized it operates with no problems. All fuses good.

Maybe the cable from the grid heater to the solenoid is burnt or has a break?

Yes the relay works, never sees 12 volts to coil. Manually energized it operates with no problems. All fuses good.

Maybe the cable from the grid heater to the solenoid is burnt or has a break?

I read it as if you manual engage the relay the heater will work, which would say the cables to the grid heater are ok.

Wonder if you have a dirty air temp sensor?

I read it as if you manual engage the relay the heater will work, which would say the cables to the grid heater are ok.

Wonder if you have a dirty air temp sensor?

Update, after starting a short while ago the heater is cycling after startup. I could see the volt meter drop and hear relay call. However you cannot hear the relay engage nore get dash light for grid heater upon initial startup. Truck has 140k new injectors are on their way but i feel that has nothing to do with grid heater.

Prv is probably stuck open. While cranking the pump isn't creating enough pressure, since it's just going out the prv. but once you fire it up with ether and it starts spinning faster it creates enough to stay running.

Back