'07 Dmax DPF delete?

My gf has an '07 Chevy CC/lwb dually that gets pretty horrid milage (about 11-12mpg unloaded less pulling her horse trailer).

So I have been talkin' to her about deleting the DPF with like a 4" exhaust with a muffler, or maybe just a DPf delete alone.

I have yet to crawl under there to check it out but I know on my buddy's 6.7l Cummins there were fuel lines and crap that needed to be messed with and it needed a chip or something to keep the computer from seeing the DPF was MIA.

Is there anything needed to be done like that for the Dmax's? What DPF kits are out there and which are the cheepest? Any programmer or chip needed to allow the truck to function correctly after removing the DPF?

Thanks for any help ya'll

My gf has an '07 Chevy CC/lwb dually that gets pretty horrid milage (about 11-12mpg unloaded less pulling her horse trailer).

So I have been talkin' to her about deleting the DPF with like a 4" exhaust with a muffler, or maybe just a DPf delete alone.

I have yet to crawl under there to check it out but I know on my buddy's 6.7l Cummins there were fuel lines and crap that needed to be messed with and it needed a chip or something to keep the computer from seeing the DPF was MIA.

Is there anything needed to be done like that for the Dmax's? What DPF kits are out there and which are the cheepest? Any programmer or chip needed to allow the truck to function correctly after removing the DPF?

Thanks for any help ya'll

On the Dmax you can just buy an earlier exhaust system and remove the DPF that way, like an 06 LBZ exhaust works just fine.
Did one on a buddy's truck awhile back, I can't remember if there were fuel lines running to the DPF or not, I don't think so. We just zip tied plastic bag over the ends of the lines we pulled from the DPF, he hasn't had a problem yet (6+ months)
You will have to have some sort of program on the truck so it doesn't know the DPF is gone or attempt a regen. Quadzilla turns off the DPF, you can also do it with EFI Live. Not sure on other tuners. Hope that helps.

only 2 vaccum type lines going to it. Like said just cap them off somehow. As far as tuners EFILive is the most complex but for a plug and play PPE's hot race tuner, EDGe's evo/race tuner, and quadzilla's tuner are available

Cool, thanks for the info guys! Does a PPE cancel out the DPF stuff as well? This last trip she got 7.5-8.5 mpg according to the display, so she is really wanting to change stuff up to help soon...

I think the best option is to get a full 4" exhaust and put it on.

I called PPE and the only one that rids the DPF is the PPE Hot +2 Race, which is around $1100. So I think we are going to go with the Quadzilla...

i bought my ppe hot plus+2 race off of ebay last year for like 750- 800. it was brand new nothing wrong with it. might want to check there if you want to go with ppe

i bought my ppe hot plus+2 race off of ebay last year for like 750- 800. it was brand new nothing wrong with it. might want to check there if you want to go with ppe

X2. For sale forums on the diesel sites have one pretty often also. Plus sometimes PPE will come down on their price if you find it lower I have heard.

Well we got her a turbo back MBRP 4" ordered, now to get a Quad. I talked to her about the Quad, Edge amd PPE. And simply put there is no point for her to have any tuner capable of more than what the Quad has power wise. She will be leaving it on the economy setting up to maybe 60hp.

No one has anything bad to say about the Quad do they?

Ok guys I just got the MBRP 4" all hooked up from the turbo back and also uploaded the 50HP no DPF tune from the Stealth II.

Do you guys think that tune or the economy tune should be used for towing?

Her horse trailer is pretty big (4 horse slant load + living quarters) if I had to guess I would say it weighs close to 14k-15k with 4 horses and fully loaded with water, etc.

She drives <80mph on the highway and usually doesn't accelerate hard, should she worry about EGT's at all?

I know on a CR Dodge its fine with a 50-60HP tune and towing a full load...

You will be fine either way. I would look into getting guages at some point though.

We juts got back from a 160 mile trip each way with her 4 horse trailer. She only took two horses with her.

Going 65-70mph she ended up with 10.7MPG after everything was said and done on the way up there.

Going 60-65mph she ended with 12.4MPG on the return trip.

We were pretty happy with that! That sure beats the usual 8mpg she gets with a trailer! I think I will probably build her an air intake for Christmas to see if we can squeeze out a little more, unless someone knows of a cheap kit out there?

One thing I noticed about her truck is even the muffler only being about 14" inch long it is really quiet, honestly it is barely any louder than stock except at 2500rpm+. In the truck its not even noticable.

What happens if you dont get a programmer to tune out the dpf? Will everything still work?

crappy... what all will correct this? I have a freind that just bought a 07 LMM, I happened to have a Dr P box for that unit. But I doubt that will correct for DPF

Back