08-10 Fummins

Part of my problem is unreliable tach signal. I am using a destroked bracket and tone wheel with a cummins crank sensor. It will randomly start bouncing around, lose lockup then straighten itself right back out. Very annoying when it acts up over 2k rpm.

I'd be very interested in someone else tuning the TCM though as the truck honestly has me quite frustrated

Sent from my flashscan v2

This is what mine does too, when I first started with the PCS I set wot shifts based on RPM and anything over 2500 it got real flakey, never found a good way to fix it and really dont need to, I just worked around it.

Not sure how much work or if its even possible but I wouldnt mind a 5r110 behind my cummins using the factory TCM or PCM but being mine orginal came with a 4r100 that might be more work then its worth.

4r100 is cheap to build for dd level power

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agreed the only reason I would go with a 5r is to get an extra (lower) 1st gear then I could drop to lower RP to get some better mpg out of my X

Put then again the cost to switch to a 5r and different RP I could just burn that extra diesel out the tail pipe.

I have a friend in the Coon Rapids/Carroll area that did an 09 or early 10 6.4 F350 service truck to a 12v swap. He used a rotary pump 12v and retained the 5r. He used DCS and their tuning and he has had pretty good luck with it. He had some tuning issues with them but they got it handled and he said he liked it way better than with the crummy 6.4. I know they used a PCS to control it, but I don't know why.

Tech/shifting issue

The issue with destroked and PCS is they have u tie the crank & cam into one... as the TCM uses two completely different signals to accurately determine speed and load u can't do this. If u add the ford cam sensor back into the loop ur tach issue goes away the tuning becomes much easier... there r a few other things one can do like using the fords fly by wire throttle pedal but changing it to a mechanical throttle but still maintain the pedals 3 tps. The pics show my 1st gen 12v ve pump in a 6.0l SD, I had a machine shop mod my cam so I could mount a cam signal (sure there r other ways to do said but this was my solution), the surface area of the signal point matches that of SD's factory cam. Hope this helps.

*tach not tech

Attachments

• IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5859.jpg
    IMG_5859.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5883.jpg
    IMG_5883.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: