'08 F450 KR w/ 5.9 CR

Arctic_Ragtop

First post: Good info on this forum, was searching for some heater grid information and came across it.

Here's my '08 F450 King Ranch, its got a 2005 5.9 CR with a compound turbo set up, marine pistons, industrial injection pump, 60% over injectors, 75 over a 61. It dyno'd 732 hp/1170 ft-lbs when it was built in 2012. I bought it already built and have been having fun digging into the tuning with HP Tuners. I had been experiencing a low battery issue, flashing battery light while driving, etc. Figured it was time for new batteries so I put two new 850s in and went to fire it up. Cycled the 'glow plug' dash light a few times to get the grid heater warmed up, which always worked in the past. Smoke poured out from under the hood and the wiring harness from the battery to the grid heater melted exposing all the copper cable.

I stumbled on this truck and had to have it. The power is great, the fuel mileage is terrible, and I love everything about it and the camper even matches. Thought I was going to have to get rid of the 22.5s to level the camper but the ride height is on the edge of acceptable like this.

Its got a built 5R110 with billet shafts and it took a bit of back and forth with DCS to get it tuned right but it shifts great.

Attachments

• F450 1.jpg
    F450 1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
  • F450 2.jpg
    F450 2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F450 3.jpg
    F450 3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You left off over priced, but I guess at some point you pay for intellectual property

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back