08 ram airbag light on abs light on!?

42pete

Hi folks well sold my 06 then missed my truck picked up a 08 runs good steering wheel upside down? Airbaglight stays on abs light stays on no codes any have tried reserch it no luck any help apreciated.

Sound like the clock spring wires might be twisted up from the alignment being off possibly.

100% clockspring!

Since the wheel is off, I'd start by measuring rotational travel at the gear box, make sure you'r dead center of travel when the wheels are straight (adjust drag link), then pop the wheel off, replace the clock spring, and pop it back on the spline in a straight position.

Good to go and should only cost you the ~$100 for a clock spring (those things are overpriced!).

Thanks quick reply got a clockspring comin mail

Good deal. Let us know what you find.

I've been through clockspring hell with Jeep TJ's. No roof and a good thunderstorm will make some crazy things happen.

Clock spring

Just got it now i find out theres a recall to replace airbags?ans steering arm ?with a possible buy back ?

Ok replaced clockspring twice same syntoms no cruise airbag light on zbs light on???

If you don't have cruise and your ABS & AIRBAG lights are on, there's a good chance you've got a set of chafed wires after the clock spring. Do a continuity and resistance check on the buttons on the steering wheel side of the clock spring, then start doing the same in the harness if you can find a schematic of where they go.

It is possible you have separate issues. You could have a bad airbag, and then you could have a damaged cruise component, and a WSS bad in the ABS circuit. I think a common Cruise issue is the vacuum actuator under the drivers side battery.

I really think it's in that harness though.

Got some codes dealer u0151 c100a win they replaced airbags today.

Sounds like you need a front left Wheel Speed Sensor (c100a), and you do have a wiring issue somewhere in the high speed CAN bus (u0151).

Obviously you just swap the sensor in the hub for the WSS issue.

For the CAN issue, I'd start at the connectors. Sometimes the pins pop out, and sometimes the crimps get corrosion. Then I'd check the physical routing to see if you have anything that's rubbed through.

Thanks i been diggin around and found that the plug on the drivers seatbelt retractor in not pluged in? And does not want to plug in. The senser i have 1 on a complete front axel i have

Cornelius has got you on the right path. It has to be something broken or chafed, maybe not plugged in all the way.

Guy said codes on airbag module will cause airbag light on?need erace it.

Back