09+ TDI mileage

dieselduck

The wife is looking at a new VW TDI Jetta. I was wondering what people were actually getting for mileage with the tiptronic 6 speed auto. Any additional info is appreciated.

When I went to sea, I reset my 2nd mpg average counter on the computer (the other resets every time the car is shut off for an hour or more, or a manual reset). My girlfriend used the car with studded snow tires and winter diesel and got 38-39mpg over 3,000 miles. I've never had a tank under 40mpg. My last tank was 45mpg with the studded snows on. My best tank before was 48.8mpg last summer. The mileage keeps getting better and better as I get more mileage (at 27,000 now).

I'll be putting on the Goodyear Fuel Max tires today or tomorrow and report how she does with the nicer tires and more broke in engine.

When I'm paying attention, I can get 50-56mpg on a 65 mile round trip from my house to my mothers and back (45mph roads... 50 some times)

not many chips availabe for the 09's with the dsg auto tranny yet. There is fear of them slipping too much with the new torque I'm told. There are some tunes for the auto cars, but less powerful. Enjoy, I love my car (not as much as the trucks of course!)

Back