1/2 ton dodge project

CF12Valve

I'm starting a 1/2 ton 12 valve project thats going to only be used for the track, but be streetable enough for me to drive 6 miles on the high way to get there and back on the weekends. It's going to be a single cab short bed 2wd and im planning on using a 13mm pump with 5x.20 injectors and 64/71 over s480 turbos. Im probably going to use a built 47re transmission, and am thinking about doing a 4 link suspension, but don't know what gear ratio i shoud use or if i shoud just go ahead and get new axles.

sounds like your not really sure what you want out of the truck, or what you need for fuel...a 13mm pump and 5x20's are probably over kill a 12mm pump thats never been off the truck with a setup of 5x18's will still provide you with lots of fuel....

The dif. gears are a tough one because dana 70,60, you are limited to 3.07,3.54, and lower and ford 9inch have all the gear ratios , brakes and etc but if you are hooking up you will end up like me with nothing orgianal but the housing and pro gears are $$$ and limited to 2.90 ,3.40 and lower. I run 3.40 with close to same set up as your talking about with 32 inch tire.

my 66/510 setup was SMOKY until about 40psi with 5x.018's, full cuts, and a somewhat stock 12mm pump. a 13mm pump and 5x.20's would be CRAZY

The dif. gears are a tough one because dana 70,60, you are limited to 3.07,3.54, and lower and ford 9inch have all the gear ratios , brakes and etc but if you are hooking up you will end up like me with nothing orgianal but the housing and pro gears are $$$ and limited to 2.90 ,3.40 and lower. I run 3.40 with close to same set up as your talking about with 32 inch tire.

We used a 14 bolt and it worked out very well. Had brackets made for willwood disks too, very easy and choice of gears

The engine doesn't have an injector pump on it and one of my buddies has a 13mm pump and those injectors that he'd give me for a heck of a deal and that's why I was going to use it. I figured a 64/71 over a s480 would be enough to handle 5x.20s. What's wrong with spraying and the s480? I was thinking of running the 9 inch ford rear end with probably 30 inch tires.

There's nothing wrong with spraying a 480. I believe he was telling you to not spray a K31 based charger that somebody else had mentioned using as a secondary over an s510 primary.

That pump and injectors will work good, and if you can get a good price on it even better. If anything go to bigger turbos like the others were saying but there's nothing wrong with what you had in mind and some nitrous.

Use lots of wastegate if you spray.....and your EGT could be pretty gnarly

I don't even think I'll ever drive this truck on the road, expecially since I live in a college town full of police, so I'll just haul it there on the weekends

The truck doesn't have any suspension components, does anyone know a lighter front suspension setup that would hold up well instead of using the 3/4 ton suspension?

Back