1.2X 60ft's in a Diesel?

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Anybody done it? I know that the AWD (and pretty heavy) Alpha Omega went 1.29 on drag radials, and a straight axle 2wd truck that was 4,200lb went 1.22.....Steve Morris and his wagon went 1.18 and Roy's Monte has been 1.1X both vehicles are 3500-4000lb. Any Pro Street style diesels in the 1.20's? Seems like diesels have issues getting off the line compared to other heavy vehicles.

1.35 is the best I've heard of, all 3 were 4wd pro street. If say someone is bound to do it this year w a 2wd

Was that at Rudy's? That track seemed to hook real good. I know at Scheid's you were pulling decent 60fts, but the truck was still spinning so bad I could see white smoke coming off the tires at some points.

I reg. did 1.32 at 4525# i was shooting for 1.29 but never got there. Did 1.091 in Bone Shaker a few times also

Didn't Buck go 1.29 or something back when the truck was stock with a bunch of nitrous? Any other 4x4's close?

I've never understood wanting 4wd in drag racing, no other vechicles in the sport that I know of has even considered it. When set up correctly after the leave the majority of the weight dist. is on the rear axle, why would you want to have the front axle pulling also? The matter of torque steer, all that extra weight, etc.. to someone that has not done it makes no since.. any of the already fast 4wd trucks has much to gain in just a 2wd conversion, getting the truck down low and losing all that unsprung weight not to metion what power is absorbed through the transfer case etc... this is obviously not a slam tward any one but just observation through the years. The few well set up 2wd trucks across the country have always left better that any 4wd truck that Ive ever seen period, and Im sure most wouldn't disagree with that. Look at Stucky's truck the maroon Armer Inc. rig, my old truck, Buckleys old 2wd, Brett's C10, and many others that Im forgetting (been out of the game for years)...at 4500# I'm not aware of any one bettering my 1.32 60's Brett's been 1.33 and Bean's been 1.34 since owning it, I think I remember Buckley going 1.36 and I'm sure Stucky is right down in this area also. The 4wd guys I've talked to many years ago were in the low 50's to high .40's running as quick as I was or faster showing their great power through the back half and mph, but why not have it on both ends and be even quicker?

Last edited:
Ryan, I was just having that discussion with my dad a few days ago. The only "real" benefit to having a 4wd in my opinion is on no prep races. Things like street car shootouts and stuff.

We now consistently 60' 1.35 not seen less than 1.37 in a while. We have been reluctant to leave harder than we do. I know it will better that, it leaves like it is on rails now. We will have to step it up for sure.

We now consistently 60' 1.35 not seen less than 1.37 in a while. We have been reluctant to leave harder than we do. I know it will better that, it leaves like it is on rails now. We will have to step it up for sure.

oh hush .

4x4 is king at racing venues that allow hundreds of street legal all-terrain tired trucks to make passes between class elimination rounds. (90% of diesel truck venues)

On well-prepped tracks that stay well-prepped throughout the event, 2wd w/slicks and proper suspension is KING!!

The difference that we give up in drag racing with 4x4 is well worth it when we go sled pulling. :hehe:

The difference that we give up in drag racing with 4x4 is well worth it when we go sled pulling. :hehe:

That is the thing I had to get over most when I was deciding on what I wanted to build. My issue was I love the drag racing and I love sled pulling....

Luckily my business partner decided to build a full time puller, so we decided to go 2wd on the drag truck project.

Truck decisions are the hardest decisions am I right?

That is the thing I had to get over most when I was deciding on what I wanted to build. My issue was I love the drag racing and I love sled pulling....

Luckily my business partner decided to build a full time puller, so we decided to go 2wd on the drag truck project.

Truck decisions are the hardest decisions am I right?

100% I am having this problem myself. 2wd is so much better but pulling is fun to. Nice to have the best of both worlds

1.39. Worth a mention.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJ912aOroY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJ912aOroY[/ame]

Back