1/4 mile

chromedome1

Diesel for life.
just built a 04.5 lly reg 4wd long box, best 1/4 is 14.3 @ 93. is this ok for lly or not? ppe hot +2 et on 10(tried 8 aswell), stage 5 suncoast, aem brute force intake, 4 in straight pipe, sleeves, race valve in rail, and lift pump. i don't have alot of experiance with lly, just lb7 and lbz. rail psi was demand 27k and actual was 26.5k, no problems. thinking of adding a ppe enforcer or hot edge any ideas.

launch was 4wd, also have nos not run yet.

Talk to McRat about Lilly stuff, best I could think of stacking the PPE is the old triple stack of doom. PPE boost controller & Van Aaken 90/180 box

I ran a 14.73 1/4 at the Houston DHRA event with a Kennedy Tow Tune, 4wd and a stock tranny. I did lower my t-bars all the way down and left at about 1800 RPM's (no gauges yet).

Everything else is in my sig.

Dix

wow, my cousin ran with us this weekend and couldnt make it down the track in his LBZ with his PPE hot+2 on 4 without it getting way hot, around 1800 before he had to get out of it. i told him piss on it, run that sucker but i dont make the payments... :umno: he also has a boost controller, race valve, lift pump, intake, exhaust, plus the front end action on his launch scared him too...

Wow, something's wrong there. You should be WAAAYYYY faster than that. There are guys with Lilly's that run close to that with just a Predator and exhaust. With that setup you should be makin 500+ hp at the wheels...EASY. If you're weighin in at...let's say 7 grand, your ET should be more like 13 flat. And that's if you're only makin 500 rwhp ( I'd guess more with that setup). Check balance rates?

Yup.

MPH is showing something is wrong. A PPE Hot +2 set to Kill should run about 100mph if not faster.

A fully fueled LLY should be commanding 23,000PSI rail, and actual should be pulled down to ~20k when at WOT set to kill.

You MPH indicates about 420 rwhp.

To put it in perspective.

Our Extended Cab 4x4 LLY shortbed weighed what your truck does (more probably) when we tested the PPE tuner (stacked) in 2005. It ran 12.82 @ 105.xx MPH at HRP. The current Hot +2 is MORE powerful than my best 2005 stack by about 8-15rwhp. We used the stacking data to improve the Hot +2.

Back