1 piece driveshaft for second gen

RickFox

I have been wondering what everyone's thoughts are about switching to a one piece driveshaft on my qclb second gen. I am thinking it is going to have to an aluminum shaft, something like 5x.125. My concerns are with vibration out of a shaft of this length, and of course in the drag racing safety is a major concern.

Thanks

I have been wondering what everyone's thoughts are about switching to a one piece driveshaft on my qclb second gen. I am thinking it is going to have to an aluminum shaft, something like 5x.125. My concerns are with vibration out of a shaft of this length, and of course in the drag racing safety is a major concern.

Thanks

Why the swap?

I have a friend that switched to a one piece in a megacab. Worked great, he was glad he did it.

My brother has one on his 01. He's sled pulling so kinda different but so far its been good and held up to break a pinion shaft on the Dana 70.

I wasn't sure if you were worried about strength of the existing. I had a 4" steel made with 1480 joints and a 1480 carrier bearing.

I have the same wheel base as you with my factory alumn one piece drive shaft. No issues.

Back