1000 HP D-max Airboat blowing smoke

Steven Counts...pretty much the biggest construction company in this part of the state. More friggin money than brains. There are actually two Counts' in construction. There is SCI (owner of this boat) and Counts construction. One of their sons drives a new dmax, quadzilla chip, 4 1/2" exhaust, pretty much anything he wants.

I am with Rod I want to see the graph.

i just cant see ak5 making 1000 fwhp and its a bold statement says it has that much and not having a dyno sheet saying that. thats like it putting it up there with nasty girl. But im not taking anything away from doing something different like putting one in a airboat because it is something neat.

i just cant see ak5 making 1000 fwhp and its a bold statement says it has that much and not having a dyno sheet saying that. thats like it putting it up there with nasty girl. But Im not taking anything away from doing something different like putting one in a airboat because it is something neat.
Thats OK, you guys will never own a D-max weather its in a truck or an airboat so believe what you want. Believe what ever makes you feel good. This motor has turned this prop faster than where it is rated for a 1000 HP motor and still with the boost set at 40 PSI. It is capable of 50 PSI. I could tell you more but you wont believe it so why bother. :bang

Thats OK, you guys will never own a D-max weather its in a truck or an airboat so believe what you want. Believe what ever makes you feel good. This motor has turned this prop faster than where it is rated for a 1000 HP motor and still with the boost set at 40 PSI. It is capable of 50 PSI. I could tell you more but you wont believe it so why bother. :bang

This doesnt relate to the boats power and what it actually makes Tony, but Jerrod drives a Duramax daily, and Codyn has one listed in his signature.

Here's your sign.....:eek:wned:

well i have a duramax

You might want to read his sig before you make that comment...

I have owned an aurora 5k in my truck although it's a dodge I don't see an aurora 5k flowing enough on fuel only to support 1000 hp... Heck 100's of dyno events have prooven that!!

Nice build, but I agree that an A5k won't make those numbers never mind hold together, I would believe it if it was a bigger Garrett.

so you all don't think an A5K can or has dynoed at or real close to 800rwhp on a truck??? that would roughly be the equivalent 1000fwhp that is being claimed here.

doesn't seem THAT far out of line to me????

C-ya

800hp. at the back tires? I would believe 725-750 and that is pushing it real hard. 1000hp. at the crank? Show the graph and I will believe it.

Hey Tony ,Damn that boat sure came out nice man, was looking forward to getting chance to hear it run when you got done tuning it. It was a pleasure talking with you at GTO. I have no doubt Mr.Norman was very pleased with end product!!!!

let me know next time your in Ocala , i'll let you play with my Duramax

I sure am, I am just off of I-75.i'm new to this site but been playing with diesels since my first 6.5 turbo in 93.

Wasn't meant to be a joke, I was just curios if the cooling system could handle being under heavy load for long periods of time without overheating.

First of all it sure is funny how some of you who used to be in my camp are on here now doubting an accomplishment by someone else. Tony Burkhart completely supported us last year when in Danville we broke the 1000 RWHP mark and he was the one dynoing Nasty! He supported our claim and did nothing but praise the M/A crew and myself for our work. And now you bash him?

I AM APPAULED!!!

What do you know about marine application diesel power? Do you know what changes when you eliminate HP drawing components? Do you know how much power is gained by engine temps, intake temps and egts being so much lower? Do YOU have any facts that the A5K can not make 1000 FWHP in a marine application?
Some of you were boasting about a 1200 RWHP fuel only motor being built for Merchants Spring Fling this year......ya'll better be able to back that one up!!!

Tony congrats dude!!! :rockwoot:

Last edited:
Back