1000 hp puller suggestions and advice wanted

skyler1101

well guys i pulled apart my 99 24v last night and its time to build it up. i sold all the vp electronics and junk and im going to the big p pump now i want to build the truck up to 1000 rear wheel hp not engine hp rear wheel i got the head off and the oil pan and everything looks fine the cross hatches are barely visible so i will be in need of a rebuild at which i will want to do high performance pistons cam etc.. i have my guy picked out on who i want to do my head work i plan on the standard porting and polishing any other tips tricks ideas? now my next trick to this equation if its possible? we run a 2.8 class up here so that will be the style turbo i have on a large single now i want to install a nitrous kit and run it on the dyno and it will most likely only be one time but i want to set a record that will be held for a long time since diesel isnt that popular yet up here in north dakota but is it possible with a single charger being on a dyno and trying to stuff all that fuel to get it to light then hitting it with nitrous afterwards or is this just asking to blow a motor and bend the rear end housing.

13mm p pump is what will be run where to go with it any suggestions on who to make a purchase from?

Injectors how big brand etc??

parts for the engine what type pistons cam etc..?? that works together??

with all of the information i have given you guys what is the best way to touch the 1000 hp rear wheel mark and how is the best way to treat it with nitrous for a 1 time dyno event? as you all can tell im completely new to this mechanical injection world and trying to achieve this new type of horsepower

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Does your mom still feed you from a spoon too?!

I have a set of 200hp DDP injectors set for Ppump pressure that worked great for me. Asking $800 for them. Also have a Schied Lightning 20000 turbo, with a 2.8 bushing in it. Used to be a popular turbo down here until they did away with the 2.8 class. Asking $1400 for it. Would give you a hell of a deal if you bought the injectors and turbo together. Everythings in great shape. Turbo is practically brand new. Excellent shape. Let me know if your interested. Check out the specifics on the turbo on Schieds website.

:hump: Good luck at getting that kind of knowledge... I'm sure these fellas will not spoon feed you a 1000 horse recipe.

I'll give you a pump capable of over 1000HP for one singe comma.

I have a set of 200hp DDP injectors set for Ppump pressure that worked great for me. Asking $800 for them. Also have a Schied Lightning 20000 turbo, with a 2.8 bushing in it. Used to be a popular turbo down here until they did away with the 2.8 class. Asking $1400 for it. Would give you a hell of a deal if you bought the injectors and turbo together. Everythings in great shape. Turbo is practically brand new. Excellent shape. Let me know if your interested. Check out the specifics on the turbo on Schieds website.

hey i will have to look into that setup sounds like fairly decent prices thanks for the reply ill let you no a little later once i get a plan i dont understand why we dont run 2.6 up here but the guys wanna stay 2.8 so what do ya do!

and for everyone else im not asking for your exact engine builds or anything in that way just asking for some helpfull advice to building my puller truck up thanks for anyone actually giving decent advice much appreciated!!!

Use the search function, there are a ton of 2.6 and 2.8 build threads on here some good info as well. As stated no one will spoon feed you the correct setup to get to where you want to be, but if you go to the sled pulling section and spend a day or two reading you will be alot closer to your goal.

Alright, just let me know, I have them listed for sale on here too. First person to tell me to hold them, but I understand the situation.

Use the search function, there are a ton of 2.6 and 2.8 build threads on here some good info as well. As stated no one will spoon feed you the correct setup to get to where you want to be, but if you go to the sled pulling section and spend a day or two reading you will be alot closer to your goal.

i will do some searching thanks man

If you want a thousand rear wheel hp, you better have an 80mm or larger bushed charger, a minimum of a T4 turbine housing, 13mm pump tuned well(if your doing this on a chassis dyno).

The nitrous will simplify things though as it can account for poor tuning.

Also 1000RWHP is gonna be 1100+ engine

Actually move my previous post to the dex's playground under "stupid stuff that you have heard"

You guys are mean. LOL. I have 1100+ hp 12v motor for sale that is cheaper than pretty much any build from scratch. PM if you are interested.

Back