10's or 12's

RogueCummins

I am going to put a stereo system in my truck just trying to decide between tens or twelves i would like something that is between mild and wild. thanks for your help. my truck is an 07 dodge quad cab.

It'll come down to personal preference and what kind of music you listen to.. I had 4 10's in my truck and now 2 12's.. I like the 12's better.

my sister just bought 2 square kicker 10s with a 700 watt amp. hell of a lot more bass than i want to listen to

Personally Id go with 10's. 12's are a deeper bass and its a little to much for me. I like the thump of 10's however I think that they are clearer sounding. Buddy had 12's in his truck and I hated them compared to my 10's. Just my $.02

I just finished installing 2 12" Kicker L5's with a 750w Class D Mono block Amp. It hits HARD!!!!!!

Now I would prefer 12's but with space limitations of our trucks, 10's is usually a better option. More than likely you going to have to stuff them under the rear seat and there isnt realy a whole lot of room under there!!!

If you go with 10's, make sure to get a good quily subs and amp!!! Nothing is worse than spending a lot of money on an audio system and it sounds like crap because you got low quility equipment!!!

i would say go with 2 12's. i have an 03 and here is what i did, i got a Fox Acoustics Fox box. it fits the 03-10 quad cabs really well. i also went with 2 JL Audio 12w3 V3 4 ohm subs ran in parallel with a JL 500/1 Mono Class D sub amp. i know my budy has an 05 with the same setup and it is awesome. here is the website for the box http://www.foxacoustics.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

id go with 2 10s. i got 2 mtx 10s n they knock pretty dam good with a sony 2-channel 800wt. 10s r much cleaner and have a lot of different tones to them. 12s just seem to be deep and always sound the same, sound good with any kind of music

also the clarity is going to come from a good amp,good components and wiring. on a deticated sub amp you can adjust and filter how much bass you want to go to the subs, i have heard many 12 sub setups with the proper box sound like a movie theater given that the amp was properly tuned. what are you running for components/ door speakers?

I would go with one good single 12. I have a 12 inch kicker L7 and absolutely love it. Get a good ported and tuned box to put it in and some good aftermarket speakers and you'll be set. My 12 hits hard and comes up as high as any sub should.

It all depends on the brand and the quality, not the size. 1 8" Focal or Morel sub will crush a pair of 10" kickers. That said 2 12" subs will produce more volume than 2 equal quality 10's.

I went with one 10" in a center seat box and love it. I hits good and has good range. I have a JL sub and Rockford amp and I know I have a lot of tuning left to get it better, but it is already louder than I need so it's plenty for me.

a lot goes to size, no replacement for displacement plays in speakers too, had I to do it again I would have loked harder and found a box that holds 12's, I have 10's and kinda regret it. I have a JL audio 500/1 monoblock pushing 2 JL audio 10w3's.. loud ? sure. earthshaking ? no. current ideas include upping to the digital amp by JL the 750/1 that is an unreal amp. don't leave out the other speakers, factorys stink, and can ruin a good song any and every day of the week. I alo need to amp my doors to get the full effect, but the head unit does 25x4 so all it comes down to is money and time. spend the money one time is key.

i think it depends on how much your wanting to spend..i got 1 12" audiobahn and a 1300 watt rms amp also audiobahn. i got around $600 in my sub and amp.. i built my own custom box.. i have a buddy that has 2- 10" kickers with a 1000 watt amp.. his 2-10s hit about the same as my 1-12 and i got 300 more watts than he does...

i have another buddy that has pioneer walmart subs and amp and they just as hard as my 12 which is a little wild..but it depends on amperage, and box size, with or without a port...

Back