11.27 in a Powerstroke

One night we where down there messin around and I was tallkin to Zane and Casey about how everyone puts pop cans up next to the turbo ya know, so Casey grabs my beer and and it turns out the can actually fits in the the turbo and than he spilled my beer.:Cheer:

Maybe someone here can answer me.. But what is the point in running slicks if you can't warm them up? If you WANTED to you could set it up like an offroad rig and be able to lock out the front, then lock out the rear and burn off both ends one at a time.. Maybe I'm missing something with the type of slicks they are using? I should have just asked MADDOG last time he was here, but I forgot like usual... :what:

Lucky Jeff said:
Maybe someone here can answer me.. But what is the point in running slicks if you can't warm them up? If you WANTED to you could set it up like an offroad rig and be able to lock out the front, then lock out the rear and burn off both ends one at a time.. Maybe I'm missing something with the type of slicks they are using? I should have just asked MADDOG last time he was here, but I forgot like usual... :what:

He just diden't do a good job smokin them on that perticular run on others he did but you notice the truck starts to bounce also I can't remember which runs but a couple of times they diden't get him any water.

Last edited:
emrgnc said:
Looks like we may have 2 sub 10sec powerstrokes in the mix this yr. Zane is knocking on Snow Whites back door. Lott, you better get in gear. Someone is looking at taking the title of quickest PS from ya.
:poke:
You mean sub 11? sub 10 is in the 9's...

JD WOP said:
He just diden't do a good job smokin them on that perticular run on others he did but you notice the truck starts to bounce also I can't remember which runs but a couple of times they diden't get him any water.
how does he heat up all 4 tires? he couldn't possibly do that in the wet box.. I've watched MADDOG a couple of times and never seen him warm up the slicks either

Lucky Jeff said:
how does he heat up all 4 tires? he couldn't possibly do that in the wet box.. I've watched MADDOG a couple of times and never seen him warm up the slicks either

He just does the rears

Congrats to Zane and Wide Open Performance. They are a class act. That truck is SWEET. Keep up the forward momentum. I think a 10 is close. I think what is so impressive is that his truck is a 4 wheel drive long bed.

He ran quicker every time he stepped up! Can't wait to see what it has in store next! You make us proud Zane!!

Now quite playing with Jacob's truck and tweak yours some more...

Well that run was in a very strong head wind soooo I wonder how much that hurt his time.

Any chance of Zaner and co. making it to Houston for the finals? I would love to see that rig in person.

Who knows, maybe by then lott will be done jackin with Danny's truck, (ie. his cash cow LOL ) and have Snow White ready for a lil grudge?

Slicks

Lucky Jeff said:

Slicks don't have to be warm to give better traction than a regular street tire does. Slicks are also a softer compound than street tires and stick better, granted that slicks grab better when warmed up but even cold they offer better traction than an off-road tire or street tire more surface area in contact with the track.

My brother and I have a 7 second mustang (no full time driver for it) and our pizzeria sponsors another drag race team as well as 2 circle track teams so I'm not an expert but think I'm semi qualified to answer your question about the slicks :) not being a wiseguy just hope I kind of answered your question.

Nice run zane and I should be testing your girdle out soon :)

PTSUPERD said:
Any chance of Zaner and co. making it to Houston for the finals? I would love to see that rig in person.

Who knows, maybe by then lott will be done jackin with Danny's truck, (ie. his cash cow LOL ) and have Snow White ready for a lil grudge?

I am fairly sure Denver is a go.

freddyfast9 said:
Nice run zane and I should be testing your girdle out soon :)

Been workin' fine for me so far. :bigsmile:

That truck is just plain bad ass. Got to see it run several passes in Vegas:rockwoot:

Back