12 second farm truck

I knew the lines were different (larger) which coincides with the non-I/C sticks. The I/C DV's are shorter, but I've never seen a definitive bench test proving they flowed any more fuel, although it has been mentioned occasionally. In my conversations with Brian Block, I concluded that different DV's aren't worth more that a few CC's on a 12mm VE, even cut. Multiple bench testing sessions with my own 12mm supported this.

Regardless, my point was that the VE was not different on the 1st gens, aside from the timing being set at 1.4mm vs. 1.25mm which doesn't matter much, as the pumps aren't internally timed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The DV's in the Non-IC flow like 10-20 more CC in the lower RPM's but have no bearing on the higher RPM.

Ask Smokem. I know he knows.

Non i/c heads tend to crack between the injector orifice and the valves because of the larger (9mm) tips compared to the 7mm that of 91.5-98.5 12 valve injectors. The thicker casting is just a rumor that I have heard. I do not believe it. There are quite a few differences between I/C and non I/C engines. The VE's, bigger piston bowls, 155* spray angle compared to 145 of intercooled, and injector orifices in the head. Not to mention 4x.013 stock non intercooled sticks to 6x.009 in intercooled.

Non intercooled is capable of 350+ horse if properly tuned with correct air on stock injectors. Intercooled trucks need an injector upgrade to something around the Lucas POD injector size. Which i believe only flow 5% more than Non I/C sticks.

Last edited:
Back