12 second farm truck

My plan is to turn my '90 model Tug truck into a drag toy for my wife. That should be fun, but I'll prob stretch it a little to make it safer.

60 ft was 1.80 and 1/8 was 7.82 at 88 mph

Truck should have ran 12.23 @ 112 MPH if it hadn't nosed over on the top end. I'll bet with a lock-up trans and an identical run as far as power and traction in the first video, it would have gone 12.1-12.2 @ 112-113 MPH.

Just more fire to play with, as stock as the engine is in the car I don't want to pooch it until I can afford to replace it!

Man it looks just like it

129_1111_02+november_2011_from_the_back_40+dodge_power_ram.jpg

Except the truck in the video is 2wd.

are the non ic stock injectors that good? i have a good set here that i was going to try in my conversion truck that is running a 90 12v with ddp 150s in it. would i notice anything going to the non intercooled stock sticks or would i lose power from where i am at. i hear everyone way the stock stocks in the non ic trucks are great.

are the non ic stock injectors that good? i have a good set here that i was going to try in my conversion truck that is running a 90 12v with ddp 150s in it. would i notice anything going to the non intercooled stock sticks or would i lose power from where i am at. i hear everyone way the stock stocks in the non ic trucks are great.

I don't know what DDP's 150s are but the Non-IC is good for 350hp-ish. I do believe the Non-IC'd sticks are the biggest that came in a Dodge 12v.

Yours are larger. Most likely lose power going back Adam.

The farm truck is getting a new turbo. I pulled the compressor housing off the H1C and i dont think it liked all that nitrous and water/meth with no wastegate, so I am putting a S366 .91 a/r non-gated turbo on the farm truck. 11's here we come

050812201644.jpg

the non i/c trucks had a little hotter pumps too. the DV's were bigger, there's also a rumor that the block and head castings were slightly thicker because they were basically an industrial/farm engine slapped into a pick up for the first 2 years. Then they had to comply with new emissions via intercooler, smaller DV's, and injectors. Not to mention the step back from the 18.5cm exhaust housing to the lag master 5000. 21cm exhaust housing found on many, but not all, intercooled 1st gens. That farm truck is a total sleeper. I love it. First Generation Domination

the non i/c trucks had a little hotter pumps too. the DV's were bigger, there's also a rumor that the block and head castings were slightly thicker because they were basically an industrial/farm engine slapped into a pick up for the first 2 years. Then they had to comply with new emissions via intercooler, smaller DV's, and injectors. Not to mention the step back from the 18.5cm exhaust housing to the lag master 5000. 21cm exhaust housing found on many, but not all, intercooled 1st gens. That farm truck is a total sleeper. I love it. First Generation Domination

Not tryina hate, but it smells like misinformation in that post. The VE's are identical in all 1st gens, and AFAIK the DV's are the same. Also very skeptical of the thicker head/block implication, as its the non-I/C trucks that are crack-prone; its essentially a non-issue on the I/C trucks.

Also, the Cummins is exactly as you describe, "an industrial/farm engine slapped into a pickup truck", but that didn't change a year or two into pickup truck production. That remained the case throughout the 1st Gen production period. They didn't make pickup truck-only castings; the 6BT is a generic design. The blocks/heads for all apps came down the same line.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back