128 MPH is a VW V10 TDI Touareg at the Texas Mile Greg Hogue Comp461

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I had a lot of fun this last weekend at the Texas Mile, first our Dmax Mustang went 202.4 mph in the standing mile, and I took one of the neatest cars I have ever driven down the track. In a total stone stock condition it ran 127.1 in the cool morning air. We then put the SynDiesel in the tank to do a back to back fuel comparison. By the time we had a chance to get back in line; it was quite a bit warmer. I would say the air was 1000 feet worse.
The VW V10 Touareg picked up almost 1.5 MPH at 128.7 mph, this was really a good time for a stock car. Much less a stock diesel

128 MPH VW V10 Touareg at the Texas Mile

I have a liter V10 TDI engine coming for another power plant for the dragster, this engine is small and will rev up .

my passat does 123 mph stock and it wasnt on a track either

The new ones claim 130 stock top speed.. It's gota take a few miles tho to get up to that speed tho.

$25k. $350-ish monthly payment @ 3.99% for 6 years is just a quick guess based on my credit union website listed rates. That volvo of ours has to die soon. :)

I've had my '96 Passat TDI to 135mph...it took longer than a mile but it only had 90hp. It would've kept going but I didn't trust it.

The Passat Wagon I drove in Europe with the 5 speed manual and none of our ***** ass EPA junk was effortlessly running 110 with the cruise control set...

It was very spunky at that speed too. I never wanted any more, or really thought to see how far it would go cause I was just cruising country to country. But based on the response at that speed I'd say it had a bunch left.

Considering that it was ~170hp IIRC it makes our American options seem silly.

The new ones claim 130 stock top speed.. It's gota take a few miles tho to get up to that speed tho.

$25k. $350-ish monthly payment @ 3.99% for 6 years is just a quick guess based on my credit union website listed rates. That volvo of ours has to die soon. :)

I was never a fan of Volvos..I don't like how they drive. My fiance has an '09 VW GTI-now that's a fun little car to drive around. :charger:

I stopped at a VW dealer on the way home. Had the GF stop by too. It would be mainly her car. So, Sport Wagon is the only choice.

I just want a sunroof, and the one on the waggon is slick, and huge. And obviously the iPod hookup is necessary

The proper manual 6 speed is effortless. you do not need any throttle to get moving.

The DSG.. Never driven one. I LIKE! I'm never a fan of autos, but these DSG are freaking cool!. If you break torque it, you can feel the clutch gabbing and slipping. In sport mode, just like a proper manual when you brake hard for a corner it hits the clutch and revs the motor. when your coming to a stop you can feel it release the clutch at the last moment. You get all the sensations of a proper manual gear box with out doing anything.

In normal mode it's 90% just like an auto. There's no converter unlock feel, just pulls. I got it to goof once where it over reved a little when going from brake to throttle to brake to throttle. but to the untrained driver they wouldn't notice.

It's effortless up to 70-80. Pulls to 5000rpm with what feels like a perfect flat power curve. Very responsive.

140hp TDI. They do make programming, inttake and exhaust stuff for these little CR bastards apparently.

The TDI used car market is all fuked. these things just are not any cheaper on the used car market.

Still pondering the DSG vs 6 speed tho. GF never really driving a manual. Do I spend the extra $1100 on the DSG or expect to pay $1000 for a new clutch that she'll burn up learning to drive? :)

just about every female that I've ever known destroy a clutch in the first 6 months on their first manual car....

I love my truck, but I really love the V10 diesel TDI Touareg, its unbelievable torque is a blast .
The VW clean diesel is the future , not some wimpy hybrid that Hanoi Jane would drive .

Hang on diesel is going to take off in America in the passenger car market and VW is not just in the lead, it’s the only one in the race .

There are tunes coming for the common rail diesel VW’s its not all figured out yet , but soon.
And then 200 hp 2 liters will be exciting , plus just like the trucks the tuning brings fuel economy

Do the current VW diesel's meet the next round of emissions? Not the 2010, but the next ones?

Do the current VW diesel's meet the next round of emissions? Not the 2010, but the next ones?

I dunno. But according to the sales guy the 2.0 CR only has the DPF. No "regen" cycle. Do they have EGR? I bet not.

Go with the DSG Jason, they are holding up well from what I have seen. The GF will thank you for it the first time she is hitting an on ramp trying to merge, drink coffee or talk on the phone LOL

personally i wouldnt want the dsg. 40k mile service is very expensive and some people say there not as stout as the manual. ive never owned one so i cant comment on my own experince.

the service on is dsg is not cheap and if u dont do the service at 40k expect to have a tranny down the toilet by 60k or so, ive seen blown dsg's at 55k bc no service. but yes other than that dsg are nice for the shifting and making it feel like manual. the fluid is 30 bucks a liter or more, i would have to check. and its all done by computer also, no doing this service in your back yard unless u got VAG-COM. i would deff go manual just get rid of the dual mass flywheel once the clutch goes out.

On VW TDI ALH motors, i heard u put on CR tips on ALH injectors and they make some good power and smoke a hellva alot. Havent tried it yet though.

Grantville, Pa. I work on euro cars and diesels. My buddy said he put tips on his buddys and say made difference and smoked like a big tuned diesel. Started own business, just doing in evening and weekends until busy enough to go on my own.

Oh and those V-10 Diesel are sweet ass cars, but to work on those bastards no thanks, i hate to even do anything to them. and when u get to 100k you need to replace DPF filter needs to be replaced and need to remove the drivetrain to replace them and they cost over 3k to do also. so sell your piece at 80 or 90k so u dont have that expense

Saying that CR nozzles work in a TDI is like saying you put 12v nozzles in a CR and made 1200hp.

Back