12's with just a tuner

nummit

Quad was saying on another forum that a DMax will run 12's with just a tune, nothing else, just a tune.
Is this possible?
I know you guys have these DMax's running hard, but damn 12's on a tune!

nummit said:
Quad was saying on another forum that a DMax will run 12's with just a tune, nothing else, just a tune.
Is this possible?
I know you guys have these DMax's running hard, but damn 12's on a tune!

Add a lift pump, trans, couple suspension mods and loose some weight. You would be real close if it isn't in the 12's.

While the truck can make high 400's on just a tune and while yes that is enough to get a lighter truck into the 12's with a great 4WD 60 foot time you still need all the proper stuff to support it.

You can't do it without a built trans and you should have a beefed front suspension, exhaust, and a lift pump.

I'gnt McNugget said:
While the truck can make high 400's on just a tune and while yes that is enough to get a lighter truck into the 12's with a great 4WD 60 foot time you still need all the proper stuff to support it.

You can't do it without a built trans and you should have a beefed front suspension, exhaust, and a lift pump.

Well put !

Daryel (Carbon04) ran many 12.8 passes last year with a 2004 LB7 EC 4x4. Mods were a TTS Converter and transmission upgrades, TTS Xtreme program and dual FM100 lift pumps. I think he may have had a catback as well but do not know for sure on that one. Truck was run at full factory weight with nothing remove as I have been told. There have been plenty of people watch him make the runs at different track days and times, so it not a dream its real. So it can be done and has been done but as everyone has said do the supporting upgrades or you will break it.

A typical truck at typical track with a 490HP tune will run low 13's.

We pushed a CC/LB 3500 GMC to 13.1 at 1800' DA, and a 12.82 EC/SB the same day. Both LLY's, both 100% stock engines.

Several people have run 12's with stock engines using all kinds of tuners.

And we can set you up to run 11's on a stock engine with a charger swap, dual pumps, and tuning.

fast trucks! id rather put a duramax into my truck then a cummins thats for sure.

Slaughterhouse said:
You smoking crack?????

Nope Smart
froglik.gif

I have the standard mods, tranny, lift pumps, intake and exhaust and some efi-live tuning I did myself.

I run 12.9's with a 7300 lb Crew Cab-Short Bed on fuel only.

can you get a cr cummins to do the same? with such simple mods?

500 rwhp with just a tune, i belive more than a few common rails have done low 500s with just tuning. but to make it live for any amout of time you will need a converter and a shift kit at least.

and a turbo... I know of one making crazy power on the stock huffer, but the owner cant figure out why it is still living LOL

I don't think you could make 12's on a stock tranny in a Dmax. I put a quadzilla in my 02 as my first mod and cranked it up to the 120 setting. Limped the tranny after the third time it shifted into 5th. I doubt it was anywhere close to 12 seconds in the quarter mile. Air, exhaust, tranny and a tune and it will run like hell until you bend a rod. Did that too. 12's are boring, 11's will be boring this coming season, the 10.5 index is where the action will be this coming year.

Dieselboats otherwise known as Subman

i was refering to a tranny as a simple(not cheap!) upgrade. just bolt it in if not done by yourself. let me ask this. with a tune, stock turbo, built tranny, intake/exhaust, and maybe a lift pump, can you get a cr cummins in the 12's? last year i had run a 12.34 backed up by a 12.35 on my stock, waste gated turbo(thats with 499.4hp as well). i have parts for the front end, but dodges dont need that, and its not a power adder. just wondering. possiable or actually done?

RIDGE_RUNNER said:
I have the standard mods, tranny, lift pumps, intake and exhaust and some efi-live tuning I did myself.

Cool...I did the same thing with my LLY and ran 12.8's.:ylsuper:

Back