12v in super duty temp problem, help.

Pyccak

Hi guys, i have 2002 f250 super duty with 12v cummins, my coolant temperature stay low all the time, i get no heat in cabin, what can i do to raise my temp??? winter is here i can't drive with no heat.

Just because you got a new thermostat, doesn't mean you got a quality thermostat. I've had similar issues on 12v and 24v engines. Spend the coin for the newest style genuine Cummins thermostat and have heat in short order (usually about 2 miles of light driving for me.) I'm also a believer in the HD purple antifreeze helping, but I don't have any real side-by-side proof to back it up.

i got new t-stat from cummins part-3928499 but it did not fit my housing

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

my truck dose the same thing drain about a gallon of antifreeze it should do the trick. I run no fan in the winter and take some antifreeze out and it just gets up to temp.

all my temp issues were from the t stat, i even got a genuine cummins t stat that acted up on me right out of the box, had another one suck that rubber ring into it making it stick open

the part on t-stat witch sad "toward radiator" have to go toward head-in to the engine head, plus oem cummins t-stat

Back