12v motor build & 47re trans swap + build

95taylor331

Gear Jammer
Well im about to start putting my motor back together, just want some extra opinions on both my motor build and trans build as well as swapping from a manual to an auto! the truck will not be a DD, just a trailer/track queen

Here's what I have for my motor list so far!

The block cleaned up with a hone so my plan is to reuse my stock pistons, will have them flycut, coated, new rings etc

The rest
MOTOR

shot peened rods
main girdle and studs
head studs/fire ringed head
plan to use T$ cam, size TBD w 24v tappets
benched 215 pump for starters
ATI dampner
5k gsk
Bigblue's .025 dv'
Bigblue's 5x.022's
T$ 110lb valve springs, keepers/retainers
single s475/83/1.0 T4
24v oil pump
BigBlue push rods

I know im forgetting a lot, feel free to add to list

Trans
Goerend bro's triple disk with a 2400 stall
Suncoast frictions
suncoast manual vb
billet shafts

another question I had was when swapping the trans and running a manual VB can I run the OD And Lock up on switches to avoid lots of wiring

Thanks in advance!

Forgot to add, I'm trying to make 1100 on fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need a wide bowl piston to start. Stock 12v pistons are way to narrow. Research that part. Head will also need to be ported at least, and thats just the start. As far as making 1100 on fuel with a 75/83 with a 12mm benched pump. Going to at least need to step up to an 87 turbine wheel. But still with a single charger and a 12mm seems like a far cry on fuel to me

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It'll be a benched pump for now, just working with what I have, the pump will get built later, I'm going to take it to its limits first

Here is an engine dyno sheet showing you can make 1121hp with an affordable 75mm single turbocharger, but I feel you may be very much underestimating everything else that goes along with it.

12243072_1001679233240554_6645339171458211654_n.jpg

Here is an engine dyno sheet showing you can make 1121hp with an affordable 75mm single turbocharger, but I feel you may be very much underestimating everything else that goes along with it.

12243072_1001679233240554_6645339171458211654_n.jpg

What parts am I under estimating? Thanks! I just want to build it right the first time

Why? We are all about to learn something...if you keep asking the right questions.

I'm lost on where I need to go, I have my list but want different inputs why or why not this or that, my budget is about 20k on motor and Trans so feel free to throw ideas or input

Let's start with basics....you have a budget and a goal. You want to use the pasrts you have on hand if possible, correct?

What are those parts?

The parts I have on hand are a stock 215 pump and a complete 12v motor, ported and polished head with #110 valve springs, fire ringed, balanced crank, fresh honed block, haven't ordered anything really yet so my ears are open

My first recommendation would be a better piston, and second would be a 13mm P7100, both of these will offer a very good hp/dollar return, however I think you might struggle to fully reach your goal given your budget.

What piston would you go with? What other things would you change on the list? I wanna hear why or why not, like I said my ears are open so your not gonna hurt my feeling by changing anything! Btw I appreciate the help!

Sent from the Moon via iPhone

Mahle 286110 with the appropriate valve relief. As for the rest of your list, I would use a larger injector and either the 80/87mm S400 turbine or a GT42. As to why, dyno experience.

What piston would you go with? What other things would you change on the list? I wanna hear why or why not, like I said my ears are open so your not gonna hurt my feeling by changing anything! Btw I appreciate the help!

Sent from the Moon via iPhone

80/87 on the inducer or exducer?

Thanks again for the help

Mahle 286110 with the appropriate valve relief. As for the rest of your list, I would use a larger injector and either the 80/87mm S400 turbine or a GT42. As to why, dyno experience.

80/87 inducer or ex? I'm assuming in?

Thanks again for the help! It's really appreciated!

Back